When uninstalling autocad2010, there is still some residual information left, and it is usually the information in the registry.
Clear up the residual information, especially those in the registry.
The first method: Using the 360 software to clear up the registry information as well as some junk files on autocad. Reinstall it after clearing them up.
If the problem has not been solved by the above means, then, continue the following operation:
The second method: Manually delete the information which is difficult to delete.
Start – run – REGEDIT , find out the following registry path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classses\Installer\Products delete the key value
“7D2F387510074080002000060BECB6AB”, which is the installation source path of autocad. Simply clicking this key value and you can see the information displayed on the right is the installation information of autocad. Deleting the entire key value and you can reinstall it. Don’t forget to delete the other residual files before deleting this key value. The files include HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD
This method is also applied to the other software which still remains some residual information when uninstalled: firstly delete the relevant key value in the MACHINE and USER files, then delete the relevant key value in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products. Click the relevant key value to check its correspondent program name, and, after clicking, check the information of the key value by using the up and down arrow keys. Of course, do not forget to delete the files in the program file which is installed in C disk or other disks.
If the problem haven’t been solved yet, continue the following operation:
Note that only when other autodesk products are not installed can the autodesk be totally deleted.
1. Delete files: there are still residual files in the installation directory. For example, if it is installed in D:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010, you can directly delete the folder “AutoCAD 2010”, if it can’t be deleted, then you can delete it after rebooting the computer.
2. Clean autodesk in C:\Program Files\Common Files. Open C:\Program Files\Common Files, find out the autodesk, and delete it. If it cannot be deleted, reboot the computer and delete it again.
Note: The following deletions may be visible. Solution: open any of the files, click TOOL\FOLDER OPTIONS\CHECK on the top, then find out the option “ hide the protected operating system files” and remove the tick in front. Besides, find out the option “ display all files and folders” and tick in front.
3. Delete “autocad” or “autodesk” in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data.
4. Delete “autocad” or “autodesk” in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data.
5. Delete “autocad” or “autodesk” in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data