How do I stop mouse trails?
May 18, 2011
A: There are two settings on Windows 2000 that need to be set for people who are experiencing the mouse trails problem. So they only need to adjust these settings as needed -- so we don't need to do this for every system.
1. Go to the "Start" button and select the "Settings" side pull and the click on the "Control Panel".
2. Once the window comes up, double click on the "Mouse" icon or word. This will bring up the window which allows customization to the mouse settings.
3. Select the "Pointers" tab.
4. There are two settings on this dialog box that need to be set: (1) The "Enable pointer shadow" needs to be unchecked (or turned off) and (2) the "Scheme" should be set to "(None)". There may be other schemes that will work, but I know the ones like the "3D- Bronze" will not.
5. Select "Ok" or "Apply" to make the settings active and the problems should be gone.
NOTE: You will need to restart ZW3D in order to realize the changes made to the mouse settings.