I recently received messages from several customers that indicated they could not find ZWCAD's Virtual EPS Plotter v1.0 in the Plotter/Printer name list of the Plot dialog box. (EPS is short for "encapsulated PostScript.") If you have the same problem, the solution below can help.
If your computer uses Windows XP, try the following method:
1. Log on to Windows as an Administrator, and then restart ZWCAD.
2. With the Plot command, open the Plot dialog. You should see the ZWCAD Virtual EPS Plotter 1.0 in the Plotter/Printer name list.
3. Without closing ZWCAD, switch back to the user account you usually use. From the Start button, choose Log Off and then Switch User.
If your computer uses Windows Vista, follow the steps below:
1. Start ZWCAD by right-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop, and selecting Run as Administrator from the shortcut menu.
2. Open the Plot dialog. You should see the ZWCAD Virtual EPS Plotter 1.0 in the Plotter/Printer name list.
At this point, you can keep on working with ZWCAD, and the ZWCAD Virtual EPS Plotter 1.0 will be always in the list; you do not need to repeat the steps listed above.
Please note that the step of opening the Plot dialog (executing the Plot command) is not merely to check whether the ZWCAD Virtual EPS Plotter 1.0 is there, but is an important step to ensure this solution works.
(The ZWCAD Virtual EPS Plotter 1.0 is loaded when the Plot command is executed, but the loading process sometimes fails when the privileges of Administrator are not present. For this reason, both cases above -- for Windows XP and Vista -- require you to run ZWCAD logged in as Administrator, and then opening the Plot dialog to load the ZWCAD Virtual EPS Plotter 1.0 before it is available for non-Administrator user accounts.)