Convenient File Management
The ZW3D file (*.Z3/VX) is a multi-object file. It can hold many different objects: parts, assemblies, 2D drawings and CAM plans as you need. It acts like a folder, making it easier to manage. Also a single-object file is provided to meet different requirements.
Smart & Friendly Sketch
• Trace profile delivers a very flexible method to deal with interconnecting sketch geometry, without using the trim operation.
• Smart dimension & smart constraint help designers quickly generate a well-defined sketch.
• Sketch doctor helps designers to inquire about connectivity,analyze and solve constraints.
Flexible & Efficient 3D Modeling
ZW3D is different to traditional 3D CAD software tools as it offers an unique product design experience, based on Solid & Surface Feature Hybrid Modeling technology. Combined with parametric modeling and Direct Edit, you can enjoy more efficient design.
• Based on ZW3D’s unique OverdriveTM kernel, Solid-Surface Hybrid Modeling allows Boolean operations between solid geometry and surface geometry, which makes design more flexible as solids are not required.
• Parametric modeling gives designers full control to easily edit feature geometry.
• Direct Edit modeling offers more flexible tools to modify geometry quickly on native or imported models without history regeneration.
• Provides flexible surface modeling tools to create smooth product models.
• Many powerful modeling tools deliver more design possibilities,
and give designers a constant stream of innovation, such as:
Morph , Wrap , and Emboss .
Productive Assembly Design
Easy-to-use assembly capabilities help designers manage assembly and check large assembly design in order to accelerate design process and improve productivity.
2D Sheet is directly linked with a 3D model, so updates to the 3D model can be automatically reflected in the 2D sheet. This saves design time and reduces human errors.
• Sheet Metal
Easy to create many different sheet metal features, such as: flange, lofted flange, dimple, and louver. It is also possible to fold or unfold solids or open geometry in ZW3D using the Solid & Surface Hybrid Modeling technology more tutorial. More tutorials>>
• Reverse Engineering
With built-in reverse engineering, designers can use STL, points, and scan data to build surface or 3D models, as well as prepare models for CNC machining by refining meshes, building surfaces and repairing gaps. This could then be linked with a 3D printer to create a real model.