CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > SPEED UP MOVING, COPYING...

SPEED UP MOVING, COPYING...

whitesnake69

Message 1 of 8

14-03-2008 04:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hy!
I've been testing ZwCAD for two days now and it seems to be a good replacement for AutoCAD, but still i found a few things i don't like: when i try to move a couple of drawings, i get some kind of progress bar in the left bottom corner. In AutoCAD there is no such thing, and the drawings move immidietly. The same thing happens when copying drawings..., another thing: OTRACK seems to worj only in one direction, i mean, I can't find the 90 degree angle with it like i could in AutoCAD. Is there a patch for this problems, are you working on it, and when will it be solved?
Btw, the rest is perfect.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 8

17-03-2008 02:18 . am | View his/her posts only

Hello,

Data processing speed is always one of the main focuses of our work. Thank you for your evaluation, this could be a good reference for us and we will try to make our software better.

As for the OTRACK, do you mean by getting a 90 degree angle horizontally, vertically or orthogonal to an inclined line? Thank you.

Jonathan2008-03-17 02:19:22

whitesnake69

Message 3 of 8

17-03-2008 03:10 . pm | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Jonathan] <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN-US>Hello,

Data processing speed is always one of the main focuses of our work. Thank you for your evaluation, this could be a good reference for us and we will try to make our software better.
</SPAN>
<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" ="Msonormal"><SPAN lang=EN-US><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3> As for the OTRACK, do you mean by getting a 90 degree angle horizontally, vertically or orthogonal to?an inclined line? Thank you.</SPAN>

Hello Jonathan!
As I tested ZwCAD on my PC at home while using Windows Vista x64-bit,and at work on Windows Xp, the conclusion is: ZwCAD sucks on Vista x64, but works great on Xp. Dont know why, but it does. It's not a hardware problem for sure. About the other thing: If you imagine a triangle A,B,C and make the first line from A (down) to B (up) at 45 degree (45 just for example), the second step is to pull down a line vertically from point B, while I'm pulling down the line i want to get the "border line" from point A. So, the problem is to get that otrack from point A while holding and pulling down vertically a line from point B. If i could get that otrack line, i could define point C much easier.
For better understanding, i'll give you point coordinatese of my triangle: A(0,0) B(5,5) C(3,0)
Thank you!

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 8

17-03-2008 10:52 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello Whitesnake,
ZWCAD2008 Pro is able to run on a Windows Vista 64bit system. Do you mind telling us the hardware config of your PC and detailed information of your Vista Version? We need these for testing.
The OTRACK function works normally on our PC, and it can fulfill the work you mentioned. Was it the case that you could only get vertical tracking line from point A but could not get a horizontal one? Did it happen only in a certain drawing? And, we also need to know the hardware config of the PC with Windows XP you use. Thanks.Jonathan2008-03-17 22:59:30

whitesnake69

Message 5 of 8

18-03-2008 01:41 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello Jonathan!
My home PC is: intel codre2duo 3.0ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia 8800gt 512mb, enough disk space. Im using Vista x64 bit Ultimate edition. The PC at work is an older machine-Asus notebook with 512mb ddr ram, processor i think its 2.0 (single core), but not so sure. It must be Vista problem. Cause copying, moving and mirroring si very slow, and the drawing si quite simple and not large. I dont even care if it doesnt work on my Vista, its importatnt that we can use it at work when we decide to buy it. Yes, you got it! the horizontal tracking line from A is my problem while pulling down the vertical line from B. I must find the intersection of A and B. The problem happens on all drawings. It must be some setup stuff that i missed, but the HELP didnt help..hehe.. Thank you for helping!

whitesnake69

Message 6 of 8

18-03-2008 03:22 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello Jonathan!
My home PC is: intel codre2duo 3.0ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia 8800gt 512mb, enough disk space. Im using Vista x64 bit Ultimate edition. The PC at work is an older machine-Asus notebook with 512mb ddr ram, processor i think its 2.0 (single core), but not so sure. It must be Vista problem. Cause copying, moving and mirroring si very slow, and the drawing si quite simple and not large. I dont even care if it doesnt work on my Vista, its importatnt that we can use it at work when we decide to buy it. Yes, you got it! the horizontal tracking line from A is my problem while pulling down the vertical line from B. I must find the intersection of A and B. The problem happens on all drawings. It must be some setup stuff that i missed, but the HELP didnt help..hehe.. Thank you for helping!

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 8

18-03-2008 10:24 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello Whitesnake,
Generally, OTRACK works well on newly created drawings and most existing drawings. The problem you mentioned is rarely seen. Sometimes certain drawings with special settings might cause some problems. As it seems not due to drawings, so you'd better try uninstalling the current ZWCAD and install it again. If possible, try it on other computers as well.
If you have more relevant information such as some drawings or screen captures, you can e-mail them to:
tech@zwcad.com
Thanks.

whitesnake69

Message 8 of 8

19-03-2008 04:02 . pm | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Jonathan] Hello Whitesnake,
Generally, OTRACK works well on newly created drawings and most?existing drawings. The problem you mentioned is rarely seen. Sometimes certain drawings with special settings might cause some problems.?As it seems not?due to drawings,?so you'd better try uninstalling the current ZWCAD and install it again. If possible, try it on other computers as well.
If you have more?relevant information?such as some drawings or? screen captures, you can e-mail them to:
tech@zwcad.com
Thanks.
Hello Jonathan!
Otrack now works quite well for me. Still, ZwCAD works really slow on my Vista x64, while on XP (on a much older PC works pretty good). I'm sending you image links of my drawing so you can see it for yourself. The moving, copying, mirror operations take too long. I've uninstalled ZwCAD and installed it again, but had no improvement. I repeat, only on my Vista x64 sucks, on XP (32) works fine). Is it Vista or just the 64bit system, or both?
I'm also sending you an e-mail containing these screenshots, plus screenshots of my PC configuration and the .DWG file that i used for the example, all in one .RAR file.
LINKS:
I'M TRYING TO MOVE THESE TWO SIMPLE DRAWINGS FROM LINE 1 TO LINE 2

AT THIS POINT THE PROGRAM SI "THINKING" TOO MUCH. THE MOVING LASTS 5 SECONDS. YOU CAN SE THE PROGRESS BAR IN THE LEFT CORNER, DOWN.

THIS IS MY RESULT AFTER 5 SECONDS OF WAITING

whitesnake692008-03-19 16:14:48
See also