without comment

maker

Message 1 of 4

without comment
08-05-2008 08:45 . am | View his/her posts only

http://www.deelip.com/2007/10/future-of-autocad-clones.html
http://www.deelip.com/2007/08/getting-out-of-autocads-shadow.html

Wink

Hope this is okay posting it here. I thought they were quite interesting articles.

maker2008-05-08 10:36:26

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

08-05-2008 09:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
hello, Maker. Thank you for your articles, they are very interesting and I think they are more suitable to post in this category. If you have any other articles about CAD software, please share with us freely!

maker

Message 3 of 4

without comment
08-05-2008 08:45 . am | View his/her posts only
Thank you, Rab. I've read quite a few articles like this, which I think may be of interest to people here. Since not all are directly connected to zwcad, I wasn't sure how welcome they'd be.

Just to clear any doubts: the articles aren't written by me; though I agree with most of what's said.

I do feel that, while Zwcad is (very??) successful, it has the advantage of coming later - so it doesn't need to repeat Autocad's legacy mistakes. From what I've read, even Autocad is trying to strike a balance between redoing it's interface , and retaining customers used to the old one.

Like Dileep says: One area is parametrization. As I understand it: it's like, for example, a rectangle of 3 x 4 units is not a polyline, but a rectangle. When I click it, I should be able to change it in the Property Bar to 3 x 6 units.

Then: constraints. Like it should be easy to change the fillet in a rounded polyline without losing tangency.

Then, for 3d: openGL: Most successful new 3d software - even open-source ones - are taking advantage of this to allow enjoyable 3d work.

There's more...

Thanks for listening Smile

BYW, I agree this is the proper forum for posting. Sorry, sometimes all the forums confuse me. It must be old age creeping on me ;)

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

11-05-2008 10:43 . pm | View his/her posts only
hello, Maker. First I shall say thanks again and if you find out some new similar articles, please share with us freely. As for the expectation to our product, yes, we will develop our software more conveniently and friendly to use. I will forward these articles to our programmers to read and refer. I think they will get some inspiration while writing the codes and designing ZWCAD's future feature. Thanks again and hopefully more and more members can share their knowledge and info on this. Smile
See also