CAD software discussion forum > CAD > Bespoke Development: create block and extract information

Bespoke Development: create block and extract information

Tiger

Message 1 of 8

Bespoke Development: create block and extract information
16-05-2008 09:38 . am | View his/her posts only
Does anyone know of any developers who take on software projects, based around ZWCAD ?

I would like to be able to create blocks and be able to extract information about those blocks, quantity of each specific block in a drawing for example or specific attribute information.

I would also like to have some type of drawing management system which would handle drawing revisions and control the drawing process.

Any help gratefully received - Thanks in Advance....Star

maker

Message 2 of 8

16-05-2008 09:38 . am | View his/her posts only

Hello Tiger,
For q1: http://www.sycode.com/ He (Deelip) has developed a few, including OBJ epxort/import. I haven't tried
out any actually, so I can't tell you abt the quality. But he provides
trial versions of the software.
Other than that, there might be
software on www.cadalog.com (freecadapps or, perhaps, www.freecad.com)
that might do the job for you. Many are free. Just type 'intellicad' in
the search box to get the apps already customized for intellicad.

For
q2:
http://www.oasys-software.com/products/document_management/columbus/features.shtml .
It's called Columbus; only upto autocad2006, though the non-free
version may be developed further. You can get this, too, in cadalog -
and, perhaps, a few more. (Just in case you don't know, Zwcad is a Intellicad variant, so you have to look for Intellicad plugins. a lot of Autocad stuff should work for this, too. sorry if I'm stating the obvious ;) )

Good luck
maker2008-05-16 09:50:58

Tiger

Message 3 of 8

17-05-2008 03:21 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Maker,

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to check them out and see if they fit the bill.

Your response is MUCH Appreciated.

maker

Message 4 of 8

18-05-2008 08:54 . am | View his/her posts only
You're welcome.
Smile

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 8

20-05-2008 02:57 . am | View his/her posts only

Dear all: thanks for sharing your requirement and advice here. As for the first problem, you can use the EATTEXT command in ZWCAD to do that directly. As for the second problem, you can take a try according to Maker's advice and later I find out some new resouce, I will publish here as well. Tongue

Tiger

Message 6 of 8

21-05-2008 05:34 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks for that Rab, I'll give it a try...Smile

Tiger

Message 7 of 8

21-05-2008 08:45 . am | View his/her posts only
SmileHi Rab,

OK, it does an extract of blocks, but I was looking for more information, relating mainly to the the drawing in which the blocks have been placed eg Drawing Number, Draing Revision.

What I'm basically looking to try and do is populate a database with the blocks that have been inserted into drawings, so that we can find out where specific blocks have been used without having to look through lots of drawings. I'm sure it's a function that many other users would find useful, we specifically use it for audit and traceability of components. The file created only needs to be delimited in a way that SQL server can determine, then SQL agent can load it to the Database.

Maybe this is to specific a reqirement, but I guess if I don't ask I'll never get.

If you want anymore information, please just ask...

Thanks Smile

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 8

21-05-2008 10:56 . pm | View his/her posts only
hello, Tiger. Thanks for your detailed description. All of the specific function of the block manager have been submitted to our R&D dept. We will consider to perfect the block manager according to your requirement and the info form the links you told us. Tongue
See also