CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Block Manager(s)

Block Manager(s)

Tiger

Message 1 of 6

18-05-2008 07:52 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a block manager for use within ZWCAD ? I've looked through numerous websites but can't seem to find anything that intergrates and lets me create new blocks within categories and subcategories. Ideally I'd be looking for a search capability but that's not essential.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in AdvanceSmile

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

20-05-2008 03:06 . am | View his/her posts only
hello, Tiger. In post, you talked about two functions of the block manager. I haven't found out some resource about that. But as for the search function in block manager, I have submitted this small feature to our R&D dept and they will consider whether and when to add it. About the Creating new blocks within categories and sub-categories, could you talked about it step by step so that we can verify whether it can be added in our block manager dialog box? Tongue

Tiger

Message 3 of 6

20-05-2008 06:27 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Rab,

The following site probably gives a better insight as to what I'm talking about :-

http://www.cadfx.com/flash/flash.phtml?filename=blockman

Category and SubCategory are really Library and Sub Libraries, just methods of categorising blocks, so that you only need look through a smaller number of blocks. This is particularly useful if we're space planning furniture within a design.

Most block manager software that I've come across simply displays a block or a matrix of blocks, but we would like to be able to choose, between a list of Descriptions or Codes and the actual graphical block. This means that clients can actually give us the exact codes that they require and we can pull them from the block manager.

As I said in an earlier post, the ideal compliment to this would be the ability to extract a list of all the blocks used wiythin a design and the quantity present of each.

Hope that helps.... Have a good day !!SmileTiger2008-05-20 06:40:43

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

20-05-2008 09:33 . pm | View his/her posts only
hello, Tiger. Thank you for all of your info! Now I fully understand your meaning. And I have forwarded these info, including the link to our R&D dept. They will consider to develop our future blocks manager towards that direction. Thanks again and if you have other resources about CAD, please share on our forum freely. Tongue

Tiger

Message 5 of 6

21-05-2008 04:27 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Rab,

Glad it helped, just trying to make a great system even better !!

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 6

30-03-2009 05:13 . pm | View his/her posts only
A za Aza fighting!
See also