text editors

whitesnake69

Message 1 of 5

text editors
04-06-2008 05:37 . pm | View his/her posts only
HELLo guys!
It's been a while since my last visit on this forum. As I gave up using ZWCAD on Windows Vista x64 cause it's very slow, but on Windows XP x32 works like a dream (great job guys). I've been searching for other CAD software (based on IntelliCAD)like CADopia, progeCAD... and I must say that they are all pretty much the same and they all suck! ZWCAD is the only decent alternative for AutoCAD and there is no difference when using it on a good machine with WindowsXP x32!

Now, I don't know how you guys feel about opinions of users, but as a user of AutoCAD and tester of many other CAD software, I must say that the text editors in ZWCAD are not user-friendly and difficult to use and work with. So, my advice for you is to take the text editors from AutoCAD (copy) and bring them to ZWCAD (paste)...LOL... But really, if ZWCAD could have text editors like the ones in AutoCAD, i wold dare to say its better than AutoCAD! (btw. new autocad 2009 with ribon toolbars sucks!, keep the standard look, ZWCAD 2008i looks great). I'll repeat, your text editors are NOT user friendly, and they are funny to work with in a negative way. They should be easier like: when I double-click on a multiline text, I wanna enter the text where it is, I don't like the window that opens. It also stands for single line.
Can I expect you guys consider my advice and to see normal text editors in the new version of ZWACD?
Tnx!

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 5

text editors
Hi whitesnake69. I'd ask ZWSOFT the same thing. Now I repeat it on behalf of more than 2000 ZWCAD users in Russia Tongue

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 5

05-06-2008 04:55 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear all. Thank you for your advice! Our R&D dept are improving the Text Editor now and I have submitted the new detail whitesnake69 talked about to our R&D dept. Tongue

whitesnake69

Message 4 of 5

text editors
Dear Rab Liu
I thank you for the fast reply, and wish your R&D dept good luck with the editors! Any announces of new versions of ZWCAD, when can we expect...?

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 5

06-06-2008 02:59 . pm | View his/her posts only

hello, at present, I can't give you the exact time when we will release the 2009 version. By the way, we plan to release a patch for 2008i in the beginning of next month.

See also