CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Macro Quickie: Smallest Radius

Macro Quickie: Smallest Radius

ChrisWard2k2

Message 1 of 8

Macro Quickie: Smallest Radius
18-10-2002 10:36 . am | View his/her posts only
Use the attached macro (in Part model space, not CAM space) to quickly find the smallest radius face on your model (works with imported data too). In most cases, this face is going to be a fillet and you want to know the minimum rad you can use for your finish cut. I'll expand this later so that the User can consider all rads to select the best cutter for all cuts. Note that only 3 positions along each face edge are tested so a variable fillet swept around concatenated edges will not give an accurate result. Also, the macro does not distinguish between convex & concave.

You can pick the whole model either with a window pick or right-mouse "pick all", but if you know what region is going to have the smallest face rad, just window-pick the region.

Chris Ward

Don

Message 2 of 8

22-03-2003 09:44 . am | View his/her posts only
Step 3 in your setup (MinRad_README_EN.txt) says:

3) Add a "short-cut" name to the VX "Commands" text file in your User Folder, e.g. "MR"

I cannot locate the text file you mention in any of my user folders or on the VX v7.4 CD. Is this still valid for v7.4? If so, can you provide some additional information?

Thanks in advance.

Don

Message 3 of 8

22-03-2003 09:51 . am | View his/her posts only
This is an additional reply. I forgot to subscribe to this thread.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 8

01-04-2003 09:05 . am | View his/her posts only
If vxCommands file doesn't exist, make one. To load this macro from the VX command line by typing !MR <enter>, the file might contain the following text:

MR, $load MacrosMinRMinRad.vxm

Don

Message 5 of 8

01-04-2003 03:04 . pm | View his/her posts only
ok I'll try that.

Thanks.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 6 of 8

03-04-2003 03:15 . am | View his/her posts only
Sorry for this late reply but it sounds as though you have got the macro running now Many people have told me they are interested in using the macros but not in writing or installing them, so I have recently written a "VX Macro Installer-Browser". This little program allows you to review a macro, decide whether it is useful to you and if so, it is installed automatically. Instead of having to type a command to run the macro, an icon is added to the User Toolbars of your choice I expect to make the Installer available on the forum next week

Don

Message 7 of 8

03-04-2003 08:10 . am | View his/her posts only
Actually, I have not had time to get it running to check it out. Does this mean that the installer program that you wrote will replace your readme instructions. I had a problem with step 3 (see thread below). Should I just wait for the installer and try it out?

Thanks.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 8 of 8

17-04-2003 12:18 . pm | View his/her posts only
The VX Europe Browser-Installer and some handy new macros are now (at long last) posted to the "Other VX Discussions" forum. This makes it easy for you to install a macro to the User Toolbar(s) of your choice, no need to create or edit any VX system files
See also