CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > diacritical signs also in drawings

diacritical signs also in drawings

whitesnake69

Message 1 of 2

30-08-2008 05:03 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi guys!
I must say I'm disapointed. As the newest patch for Zwcad 2008i screwed up my blocks when printing, I decided to install the slower one but with no block-problems (before the patch). When I've done it, all diacritical signs in my drawing were messed up like "Ć" turning to "AE". As I was in a hurry to finish two projects I was really pissed off and so on. I was just wandering...will you guys solve all of my problems (3 remaining) in the new version or should I return to AutoCAD?Cry
I'll repeat the problems:
DIACRITICAL SIGNS IN DRAWINGS AND FILE NAMES
PRINTING BLOCKS AS THEY LOOK ON SCREN WHEN WORKING
IMPORTING AUTOCAD TEXT EDITORS CAUSE YOURS ARE DIFFICULT TO USE
I wish that you cuold give ma an answer like yes or no, so i could decide which to use. Tnx!

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 2

30-08-2008 05:03 . pm | View his/her posts only

Dear whitesnake69,

So sorry for replying late.

I'm sorry for the problem you encountered.
Could you tell me did you install the latest version with the update patch or the latest version installation program?

Our R&D colleagues told me that neither the patch nor the installation program has difference about the fonts files.

So could you tell me has you added any font styles files that the ZWCAD doesn't has with the old version when drawing?

If you has added the font files when using the old version and install the new version with the installation program, it will overlay the font file in the installation folder and cause the text could not display normally.

But if you update ZWCAD with the update patch, it won't overlay the font file.

So we suggest you to add the neccessary font style files to the installation folder(for example "C:'Program files'ZWCAD 2008i Eng'Fonts") and try again, if the problem still happen, please feel free to contact us and it will so kind of you to provide us that DWG file to test.

By the way, there is going to be a national day from 29th september ~ 5th october. We will come back on 6th october and try our best to rely all the mails send during this period . So sorry for the inconvenience.

Any comment or suggestion abou the ZWCAD is appreciated.

Jenny
See also