Evaluation of 2009 Standard

Steve

Message 1 of 7

14-03-2009 12:31 . am | View his/her posts only
Just installed the trial version of 2009 Standard and these are the problems I have had:

1. The software is now telling me that the evaluation period is expired and I cannot use the Export function. I only installed it today!
2. I cant save my drawings as there are more than 8000 entities. As are most of my drawings. How can you evaluate software if you cannot use it in real time situations and save drawings to send to clients?
3. Is there any way I can have model space with a black background and paper space white?
4. How do I get paperspace to display as a sheet of paper? With AutoCAD the background is grey with a sheet of paper on it whereas ZWCAD is a whole white background with no indication of the paper until you go to plot preview.

Oh well, back to my old version of AutoCAD until you guys sort these things out.

Steve

Message 2 of 7

I've now been given a 30day software key as apparently I'm not the first one this has happened to.

Watch this space for my thoughts on this software.

Steve

Message 3 of 7

My findings so far:

1. The TEXT editor does not have as many features.

2. Block editor is not as user friendly.

3. No convenient drop down for setting the scale in paperspace. Have to do it through properties.

4. Have to export as a PDF rather than print and therefore cannot change paper size or print as greyscale etc. This can be resolved by installing a PDF printer.

5. Refedit. In my drawing block I enter the relevant text via Attributes. After moving the Attributes around to match a new drawing block layout, I save and the attributes jump back to their original position.

No.5 is a bit of a show stopper and I hope someone in tech support can help out on this one.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

26-03-2009 05:27 . pm | View his/her posts only

Your comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

We would submitted all these issues to Support Center.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 7

27-03-2009 04:08 . pm | View his/her posts only

Thanks for comments. I am technical guy from ZWSOFT. I would like to offer my answers as follows:

1. The TEXT editor does not have as many features.

Do you refer to DDEDIT? In fact, we reconstructed this function in 2008. The features we implemented were based on widely research. If there is any more you need most, please inform us and we would consider offering that in future edition.

2. Block editor is not as user friendly.

Do you mean REFEDIT or BEDIT? For BEDIT, ZWCAD couldn

Steve

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your comments. With regards No5. I've been liaising with EDA Systems, the UK supplier of ZWCAD and it turns out that this doesn't work on the particular drawing I tried this on but it works fine on other drawings. We're trying to find out why it doesn't work on this one drawing.

I found a work around by exploding the block, then rearranging it and then recreating the block. Not ideal but it works.

So far these posts have been quite negative and that doesn't really reflect my findings. So far, I see no reason to go back to Autocad. The things I like in particular are:

Good support.
Design Centre
Familiar layout and features
Price

I'd like to see (as well as those previously mentioned) full 64bit support and use of multicore processors. Not that it's sluggish anyway.

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 7

30-03-2009 04:11 . pm | View his/her posts only

Hi, Steve

You got a great sense of humor.
Thanks for your comments. We would follow up these issues.
See also