CAD software discussion forum > CAD > License Rejection, ZWCAD 2009 back to trial, dongle remain plug-in

License Rejection, ZWCAD 2009 back to trial, dongle remain plug-in

Craig Kennedy

Message 1 of 6

License Rejection, ZWCAD 2009 back to trial, dongle remain plug-in
31-03-2009 03:00 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hey ppl,

I have a bit of an issue, on certain occasions my ZWCAD2009 Pro just reverts back to a trial version. Now this is very concerning, as my dongle remains in the machine, and is never removed. As I understand, the program should be licensed as long as the dongle remains inserted, but it just kicks out. Any suggestions as to what the issue could be, your help will be appreciated.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

03-04-2009 12:08 . pm | View his/her posts only
Was the dongle light still on when you lost the license?
What kind of OS you are using?
Most important, you lost the license when you restarted the OS or just ZWCAD?
It's a bit strange...

Craig Kennedy

Message 3 of 6

24-04-2009 02:33 . pm | View his/her posts only
All is working perfectly, the license goes through and everything. After some time, like a few hours maybe, the program just reverts back to trial version. It's the strangest thing in the world, I mean if it didnt work from the beginning, I could understand, but it works well, the light is steady on the dongle, we using Windows XP, everything... but after a few hours, the programs just goes back to trial version..... Very very strange

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

14-05-2009 09:54 . am | View his/her posts only
In that case, how do you solve this issue?
Just pull out and plug in again?

Craig Kennedy

Message 5 of 6

21-05-2009 05:57 . pm | View his/her posts only
That is the only way for now, but it's hard when you are working on a drawing and halfway through the program refuses to save because it's gone back to trial version. Could it be with the dongle itself?

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 6

27-05-2009 10:20 . am | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Memphis32]That is the only way for now, but it's hard when you are working on a drawing and halfway through the program refuses to save because it's gone back to trial version. Could it be with the dongle itself?

Hi, Memphis32

Just as you said, it should be working fine when the dongle is well plugged. If it happens, it may because of the unstable USB Port, try to switch to another USB port, it should be fixed.
See also