CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Problems with ZWCAD 2009i trial copy

Problems with ZWCAD 2009i trial copy

Brian

Message 1 of 8

25-11-2009 04:31 . am | View his/her posts only
Having been employed most of my life, I have now decided to run my own business from home and find that drawing work is in great demand.
Have been using various versions of Acad since 1994.

I received a copy (CD) of the trail copy from the local ZWCAD distributor yesterday.
Having installed the programme decided to test it.

The following problems were experienced:

1) Dimension text size could not be changed either in format mode or by modify properties.

2) My drawing comprised of two circles forming a ring which needed to be divided into 26 segments.
When I attempted to polar array the line joining the circles which I did according to normal practice, I found that the selected 360 degree array ended up as 270 degrees.
I changed the angle to fill from by adding 90 degrees 90 degrees i.e. 360 + 90 = 450 degrees managed to achieve my result???

3) I also discovered that the zoom-in function was limited and unable to zoom past a certain limit.

4) The format dimension activity is also confusing in that it refuses to be edited without indication some obscure message.

QUESTION:

Are these problems current or is the CD copy a beta version?

The problems were experienced within 30 minutes of using ZWCAD. So I not aware of any other glitches.

Although I am extremely interested in acquiring a copy of ZWCAD I would be hesitant in do so at the moment..

I would be grateful if someone could could assist me?
My only alternative is to resort purchasing very costly AutoCad which I am very reluctant to do.

Wilbri

Lars

Message 2 of 8

Hi Wilbri, first of all: Congratulations for your own business - wish you a lot of success ! Could you send the version-no. of ZWCAD ? You get it by typing 'vernum' at the command line.

Brian

Message 3 of 8

Hi Lars

The vernum is "2009.07.30 (11052)" (read only)

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Wilbri

Wilbri2009-11-26 02:18:14

Brian

Message 4 of 8

[QUOTE=Wilbri]
Hi Lars

The vernum is "2009.07.30 (11052)" (read only)

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Wilbri

Hi Lars

As I have not received a reply from you I have decided to send you another message.

I have discussed my problems with the distributor who has advised me that the trial software is for trial purposes only and assures me that the problems are due to configuration and that this would be sorted out once I have made my purchase.

Having now had a few days to play around with the program, I must admit that Iam very impressed with the remainder of the content and the overall performance of the software.

I look forward to making my purchase in the the new year as things are now quietening down prior to the festive season.

Many thanks also for your encouraging words regarding my new venture.
I plan to spend the remainder of this year preparing for 2001.

Regards

Wilbri

Lars

Message 5 of 8

Hi Wilbri, i was a few days off. Nice to hear that your problems got solved. I don't think that the problems you described couldn't get solved. Good luck !

Brian

Message 6 of 8

Hi Lars

I has happy to receive your reply.
I hope that you enjoyed your break.

Became a bit concerned that I needed to look somewhere else for a reply and had failed to find anything.

The forum schedule indicates that I have received 4 replies, whereas this is your second reply so I don't know who the others were from and how to retrieve them.

All going well I will be aquireing ZWCAD in the new year.

I wish you a happy and joyful Christmas and a proporous new year.

Kind regards

Wilbri.

Brian

Lars

Message 7 of 8

Hi Wilbri - thank you. Have a merry christmas & a happy new year too !

Brian

Message 8 of 8

Hi holfort
It has been some time since our last communication.
To keep you up to date, I managed to get a trial copy of ZWCAD 2010 and have been using it just over 3 weeks.
I am completely satisfied with it and plan to purchase the software in a few weeks time.
There are many AutoCad features missing, but then I consider ZWCAD to be a separate product which is developing at a fast rate and at the same time AutoCad compatible without having to DXF as is the case with all other cad products.
This is really a plus factor as most of my clients use AutoCad and can therefore open my drawings directly.

See also