CAD software discussion forum > CAD > Tangent to Circle

Tangent to Circle

Girish

Message 1 of 5

19-12-2009 11:19 . am | View his/her posts only
Dear Sir,

I have faceing a problem as below

I have drawn a circle, I want to draw a line tangent to the circle. So i have taken a line command and in first point - tan(typed) enter. In second point I have given @100<30. So it has to 30 deg to the X plan.

But the deg it takes as 30.05deg, 30.1deg. I thank it depends on the zoom position or the tangent point. Because when i zoom closer to the object the deg will change.

I have tryed in Zwcad-2009i & also in Zwcad-2010.

Please guide me to slove the problem.

Regards,

Girish

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 5

19-12-2009 03:13 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Girish,

As to this problem, you could try to adjust the drawing precision to a high level. Please operate like this: Go to Format --> Units --> Angle. Meanwhile, when you locate the first tangent point, please locate it near to the exact one.

Generally, angle of lines do not change when using the zoom command. You can use the "regen" command to regenerate drawings after using the zoom comman. This may be helpful to your problem.

If any questions about ZWCAD, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards!

Denny

Girish

Message 3 of 5

23-12-2009 11:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Dear Denny Sir,

Thanks for tips. But it is taking the degree depending on the first point. And every time it gives differant degree. You can find the degree variation in property bar also.

Looking forward for your replay

Regards,

Girish

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 5

23-12-2009 01:14 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Girish,

Thank you for your information. I tried again in ZWCAD, this problem did exist. I will submit this problem to our R&D department, and if there is any progress I will let you know as soon as possible.

To solve this problem temporarily, you can draw assist lines to help you find the tangent point first. For instance, if you want to draw a tangent line with 30 degree, you can operate as below:
1. Turn on Object Snap;

2. Draw a line starting from the center of the circle with 120 degree and make sure that the line is long enough to cross the circle (the intersection point is the tagent point);

3. Draw the tagent line taking the intersection point as first point, then input the angle and the length.

Hope this will be helpful.

Best Regards,

Denny

Girish

Message 5 of 5

23-12-2009 01:39 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Sir,

Thanks for quick respone.
Regards,

Girish
See also