CAD software discussion forum > CAD > Zwcad problem with dimension

Zwcad problem with dimension

yeti69

Message 1 of 15

27-01-2010 06:02 . am | View his/her posts only
The command "dimcontinue" not running if the variable "dimassoc" is set to zero (exploded dimensions). Why in autocad yes and in zwcad no?
If "dimassoc" is set to zero (always in autocad), i can edit manually the text dimension before the insert. Can you give me a solution please?

Another question, why when i modify the dimstyle with the suppress ext line 1 and 2, this selection in a following starting of the program, are not the formulations memorized?yeti692010-01-27 07:21:18

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 15

27-01-2010 05:52 . pm | View his/her posts only

Dear Yeti69,

Thank you for your information.

As to the first problem, ZWCAD worked very well when I tested in the 2009 and 2010 version, the same as that in AutoCAD. Please make sure that you have created a continue dimension with the

yeti69

Message 3 of 15

28-01-2010 06:58 . am | View his/her posts only
I do not work in any way!!
Dimensioning first with dimassoc set to 1

Dimensioning after with dimassoc set to 0

About the second question, at the new start of Zwcad, the new dimension setting is lost (line ext 1 and 2 is still not suppress).

yeti69

Message 4 of 15

01-02-2010 02:13 . am | View his/her posts only
Is none of the technical support able to give me an answer?
This is a real problem and the first answer that you have given me it is not correct.
Thanks, Lorenzo from Italia.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 15

03-02-2010 12:26 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello, I have tried in ZWCAD 2009i and 2010, and it seemed that the 2009i version has some problem about the function you mentioned. Therefore, please try ZWCAD 2010, and the following is what i have tried in ZWCAD 2010, hope it will be useful for you.

1. Set "dimassoc" to 1
2. use "dimlinear" to draw two linear dimensions, and then color them with red and green
3. Set "dimassoc" to 0
4. Use "Dimcontinue" function, and then it will prompt:
Specify a second extension line origin or [Undo/Select] <select>:
here input "s" to select one linear dimension above(the red one or the green one, the one after which you want to start the continual dimension)

5. for example, we select the red one, after that, the new continual dimension will be started from the end of the red one, and you can follow the tips to input the dimension text(either press "enter" or input a new value) later.

As to the other question, the relevant setting in "Dimension Style Manager" (Format-->Dimension Style) will not be saved after creating a new drawing or restart ZWCAD, and it seemed that we could just make the setting through the "properties" palette of the dimension, then next time we open the drawing with the dimension, the relevant settings will be still there.
If i didn't get your point, please feel free to contact us.
Elaine2010-02-03 00:27:56

yeti69

Message 6 of 15

15-02-2010 05:28 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks Elaine, but I use the version 2010 and also following your instructions, problems remain (windows XP sp3 and zwcad2010).

The importer here in Italy has encountered the same problems with dimension, and also awaits him in your solution, thanks.
After 15 days is possible an answer from the Official Support please??!!

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 15

21-02-2010 12:30 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Yeti69, due to the Chinese New Year holiday, sorry for replying to you so late.

After I check this problem again, I found it worked in ZWCAD 2010 as same as that of in AutoCAD. Following are my operations for your reference. Hope it will be helpful.

1. Make some linear dimensions when the value of "dimassoc" is 1.

2. Set the value of "dimassoc" as 0.

3. Use the "dimcontinue" command, and choose "select" among the options of the following prompt:
Specify a second extension line origin or [Undo/Select] <select>:

4. Choose the number 1 point (refer to the following picture) as the start one, then select the number 2 as the end, and press "enter". Then you will see that the number 3 point will be the start point for the next dimension line automatically. For instance, if we click number 4 point and press "enter", the length of the dimension line is showed as 80.

5. If the "select" option is not choosed in the 3rd step, ZWCAD will recognize the last demension point as the start point.

If I didn't get your point, please feel free to contact us. And please kindly tell us the version information (input "vernum" in the command line to get the version information) and language version information.

Best Regards
Denny2010-02-21 00:34:09

yeti69

Message 8 of 15

22-02-2010 07:26 . am | View his/her posts only
No, I think I explained well. I try to write in Italian, hoping there is someone able to translate correctly my problem:
In Autocad ho sempre impostato il comando "dimaso" in modalit

OldForumPost

Message 9 of 15

23-02-2010 12:24 . am | View his/her posts only

Hi Yet

I hope my following explanation is right for your question.

About the first question you mentioned, it did happen in ZWCAD 2009i, but it has been fixed in ZWCAD 2010, you can input the dimension value before the Exploded Dimension is generated. The following is the video show this functionality, is it what you mean?

For the second question, the setting like dimension styles or text styles are stored to the template of the drawing, if you want to customize your setting, you can save all of your setting to the template and add it to the Template folder of ZWCAD. After that, you can use them each time you create a new drawing.

Best Regards

Colin
colin2010-02-23 00:27:39

yeti69

Message 10 of 15

23-02-2010 02:37 . am | View his/her posts only
Try please in autocad:
1: set "dimassoc" to "0"
2: set "dimaso" to "off"
and now you use the dimension with dimcontinue. All ok!

Now try please in Zwcad2010:
and now you use the dimension with dimcontinue. Nothing, not function the dimcontinue, is not ok!

I was clear enough? I hope I have explained my problem well. I want exploded dimensions and manual entry of values, not associative dimensions and not block.
Thanks.

yeti69

Message 11 of 15

24-02-2010 09:57 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Colin (or Denny), you've tried to follow the instructions above?
Thanks.
Lorenzo

OldForumPost

Message 12 of 15

[QUOTE=yeti69]Try please in autocad:
and now you use the dimension with dimcontinue. All ok!

Now try please in Zwcad2010:
and now you use the dimension with dimcontinue. Nothing, not function the dimcontinue, is not ok!

I was clear enough? I hope I have explained my problem well. I want exploded dimensions and manual entry of values, not associative dimensions and not block.
Thanks.

Hi, Lorenzo

Sorry for the late reply.

I got it, thank you so much for the detailed explanations, the problem happens only with dimaso=0, and it is under solving now, we'll try our best to fix it ASAP, and once it is fixed, we'll send the info to you via Email. As a way for you to work around, please use DDedit command to edit the dimension text manually.

Thanks again!

Best Regards

Colin

OldForumPost

Message 13 of 15

By the way, Lorenzo

Why don't you just set dimaso=on and dimassoc=0? DIMCONTINUE will work as you expected if you set it to on. With my own understanding, Dimassoc provides the function of Dimaso, am I right?colin2010-02-25 13:40:36

yeti69

Message 14 of 15

25-02-2010 03:17 . pm | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=colin] By the way, Lorenzo
?
Why don't you just set dimaso=on and dimassoc=0??DIMCONTINUE will work as you expected if you set it to on. With?my own understanding, Dimassoc provides the function of Dimaso, am I right?

No, not the same thing with "dimaso = on" and "dimassoc = 0" command "DIMCONTINUE" does not work, it works just the single dimension. Also, you can't directly edit the value. For now thanks and look forward the email with the solution of the problem.
Lorenzo from Italy.

OldForumPost

Message 15 of 15

Hi, Lorenzo

Thanks for the quick reply. I got your point, and we'll do our best to provide the solution ASAP.
See also