3d funky stuff

robk

Message 1 of 9

3d funky stuff
08-06-2010 03:05 . pm | View his/her posts only
I created a polyline with width and thickness and then tried to copy in 3d space and here is the result i got. Then I DXF'ed it out and loaded it into Accutrans 3d and got the correct result. What is going on with the ZWcad display?

robk

Message 2 of 9

03-03-2010 01:53 . am | View his/her posts only
I took an old Autocad 3d file and copied all the 3d elements up in 3d space and did not have any problems. Is there some variable that could be set that would cause this problem?

robk

Message 3 of 9

03-03-2010 03:07 . am | View his/her posts only
I loaded the file into Progecad and Accelicad and it looked correct. Just like the Accutrans file shows it to be. I am testing trial versions of ZWCAD, ProgeCAD and Accelicad to see which one I am going to purchase. I like ZWcad way more than the other two but this weird 3d stuff could be a deal breaker. I am hoping it is just some bug that can be fixed since the 2010 version of ZWcad has only been released a short time ago. It was odd that when I had loaded up an older Autocad 3d drawing and copied all the elements up (z) in 3d space I didn't have any problems. Seems reminicent of the Autocad associative dimensions thing where you moved a plan and the dimensions did not move with the plan.
ZWCAD also executes more of my old lisp routines correctly than the other two. We are mainly a 3D shop so the 3D elements of working in CAD are most important to us.
As I said before I am hoping there might be some system variable I have to toggle to clear up this problem. The display of this object is also weird becase regular polylines are always in one plane and the thickness is executed according to what the UCS is for that object.robk2010-03-03 03:08:56

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 9

03-03-2010 01:57 . pm | View his/her posts only

Dear Robk,

Thank you for your interest on ZWCAD. Generally, all 3D objects could be displayed in ZWCAD very well. This problem must have happened on certain drawing. Would you please send the drawing to tech@zwcad.com via email. We will try to find the cause and fix the problem as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we will keep the drawing confidential.

Besides, if the polyline objects was created in 3D coordinate system and lines were not drawed on the same plane, it's a 3D object, just like box, sphere and the like. It will not be displayed on one plane in 3D view model.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Denny

robk

Message 5 of 9

03-03-2010 11:21 . pm | View his/her posts only
Denny

What I was trying to say is that all points on a polyline have to be coplanar. A 3d polyline on the other hand can have points that are not coplanar, but you cannot give the 3dpolyline width or thickness like you can a polyline.
So the image I sent of a polyline that has been copied up in 3d space is actually an impossible picture as it applies to polylines in the Autocad universe. A point that is proved by making a DXF of the dwg I displayed and loading it into my conversion program and also by loading the same drawing into Progecad or Accelicad and having the image on the screen showing up correctly. Attached are screen grabs from progecad and Accelicad illustrating my point.
I have also emailed the drawing file as you requested.

One other question. There doesn't seem to be a toolbar for the various shademodes. 2d wireframe, 3d wireframe, hidden, flat, Gouraud, etc.
Was this just something missed in the first release of ZWcad 2010? Guess it's easy enough to make a custom toolbar for it. but it has been a standard toolbar in Autocad, progecad, Accelicad etc for a while. Maybe I am missing it somewhere. If so could you point me to it since I couldn't find it whn turning on and off the toolbars.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 9

04-03-2010 05:57 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Robk,

Thank you for your feedback very much. I have sent email to you for your reference.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Denny

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 9

10-05-2010 11:20 . am | View his/her posts only
Dear Robk,

How are you doing?

The problem has been solved in our update patch of ZWCAD 2010, which is going to be released at the end of this month. You could have a try then.

Best Regards,
Denny

robk

Message 8 of 9

25-05-2010 12:18 . pm | View his/her posts only
Looking forward to an update. I am in the process of making a list of the other problems I am having. I will wait for the update before submitting my list.

OldForumPost

Message 9 of 9

08-06-2010 03:05 . pm | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=robk]Looking forward to an update. I am in the process of making a list of the other problems I am having. I will wait for the update before submitting my list.

Hi robk, ZWCAD 2010 Update Patch has released, you can download it from www.zwcad.org
See also