CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Windows 7 have problems with Dongle, license code is incorrect

Windows 7 have problems with Dongle, license code is incorrect

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 10

Windows 7 have problems with Dongle, license code is incorrect
01-04-2010 03:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
I have just bought 2 ZW CAD 2010 Professional licences and it come to me yesterday. I've instaled following manual steps. Wen i go to Help, License, Dongle Activate, ZW CAD recognize Product ID from the dongle, but The licence code it said that's isn't correct and the activation is failed. I lost one workday trying to make it work, but it isn't. This is are heapening with the both licences. I've confirmed with the supplier and the Licence Codes are correct. I've tried download Dongle driver. I've instaled but it still not working. Please, if someone can help I would be greatfull!

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 10

12-03-2010 10:35 . am | View his/her posts only
Dear Mr.igorh,

Thank you for your information. That is properly because that the license code does not math the dongle. So would you please kindly sent the dongle number, product ID and the License code to tech@zwcad.com via email. We will comfirm that whether the license code is correct. Meanwhile, please kindly send to us the information about the supplier from whom you bought ZWCAD in your email. Thanks in advance.

For your reference: How to trouble shooting ZWCAD dongle problem
http://www.zwsoft.com/forum/thread-2846-1-1.html

Best Regards,
DennyDenny2010-03-12 10:35:58

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 10

12-03-2010 07:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
thanks...

Samuel Sindra

Message 4 of 10

01-04-2010 01:39 . am | View his/her posts only
Mine works fine, i think your code is wrong do that procedure that Denny wrote to get the right code. Your title is about Windows 7 in problem with dongle but i suggest understand it not like a problem with Windows 7 because windows seven only could create problems with drivers and softwares, with no recognition of the dongle but this problem is only about dongle damage or wrong code, since you gave the driver in the case that your windows 7 didn't find right driver - Mine was recognized right for windows 7 even using the 64bit.

Good luck mr.igorh

Lars

Message 5 of 10

01-04-2010 03:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi mr.igorh,

please check the following:
1. Is the dongle installed on the usb port and the light is blinking ? Then you have to reinstall/repair the dongle driver. You can do this by starting the dongle driver programm in the ZWCAD folder on the start menu.

2. Is the dongle installed on the usb port and the light is permanent ? Then the driver is installed correct. Start ZWCAD, go to HELP -> License -> Dongle Activate. Activate Hardware Encryption by ticking the box in the upper left side. The product id should show the same no. as your reseller told you. You can't change it. After that you can enter your license code in the field below and press REGISTER after it. That's all !

ATTENTION: you need to have administrator rights by all these activities - otherwise it won't work.

PS: it's all very good descriped in the installation guide that comes with ZWCAD.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 10

01-04-2010 03:32 . pm | View his/her posts only
hello mr.igorh

have you activated ZWCAD successfully right now? i have got your email and it seems that you get the license code for 2009 version instead of 2010 version. what about now?

Best regards and have a nice day.

Elaine

Belicoff

Message 7 of 10

24-10-2010 11:44 . am | View his/her posts only

This is something that irritates you no end ?
you buy a product investing your hard earned money so that you can save both precious time and
effort by making your work more easy and
you land up doing just the opposite!! Bought the Windows 7 only to find that
they are not working with the Dongle!! Hope the problem is taken care of soon!!

Belicoff2010-10-24 11:45:26

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 10

24-10-2010 09:20 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Belicoff,

Actually there is good compatiblity between ZWCAD and win 7. For this post, I think his problem is because the wrong dongle or code (maybe he got a 2009 dongle for 2010 version).

If you still have some problem about ZWCAD, please post it here or send it directly to tech@zwcad.com, we will try our best to help you solve them. Thanks!

Florin Lobonea

Message 9 of 10

13-12-2010 04:03 . pm | View his/her posts only
Actually zwcad 2010 its not fully compatible with windows 7. Our computers from work are in a domain, and after we installed the software, everything starts to go prety wierd, like if you wnat to shyt down your computer its not working, you have to press the shutdown button, if you want to install different software like office you can do that anymore. For some files the ZwCad crashes and when you read the report log under operating system it says Unknown.
Apparantly this is only the case with laptops, on desktops everything seems to be working just fine, with a few exceptions.

OldForumPost

Message 10 of 10

13-12-2010 07:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear flobnea,

Yes, you are right, it has good compatibility doesn't mean fully compatible with win 7. For the crash issue, I hope you can send those crash report to us so that we can analyse what caused the crash and improve the stability of ZWCAD. you can either click Send Report when crashing, or find your crash report file(*.zip) on your computer and send to tech@zwcad.com

For other issue like couldn't shut down or install other software, I wonder is it really caused by ZWCAD? I suggest you can check with your system settings or hardware configurations first. If still yes, please tell us the version number of ZWCAD, and the version of windows you are using, like Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Thanks.
See also