CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Forum members participation?

Forum members participation?

Brian

Message 1 of 19

13-03-2010 06:19 . am | View his/her posts only

I have spent much time reviewing various members questions and the replies given by ZWcad administrators and qualified members, and find it difficult to understand why so many members fail to respond (reply) to the answers provided.

This is an interactive site which encourages all to participate (take part) and I would therefore have expected the inquiring members to respond with for example, "Problem solved. Thank you for your assistance?" or "I have tried your recommendations but the problem remains"

We as the members are here to to provide and obtain assistance and at the same time assist the administrators in the development of ZWCAD.
This is a fine product which is being further developed to suit our needs.
It is up to all the members to assist in its evolution.
Your participation is of great importance.

Wilbri2010-03-13 06:21:00

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 19

15-03-2010 09:40 . am | View his/her posts only
Dear Wilbri,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We really appreciate it. If all the members could kindly give us their comments and reply about the problem condition, other members could know how to solve the problem if they meet the same problem. It will also be very helpful for us to optimize our products in the future. This is our Forum, let's make it a better place for technical communication.

Have a nice day. Thank you again.

Best Regards,
DennyDenny2010-03-15 09:42:54

Brian

Message 3 of 19

Denny
Thank you for your positive comment.
My concern here is that there have only been 9 viewings of this insert.
This is very worrying.
We need to, possibly by using some other way, communicate with the members.
I also note that every time I use this forum, there are very few viewers.
My I suggest that some additional marketing is required to interest the users in making use of this facility.
How I do not know so I leave this up to your marketing strategy.
Some promotion to you users perhaps?

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 19

16-03-2010 09:56 . am | View his/her posts only
Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your suggestion very much. We really highly appreciate it.

Actually, our marketing department is always working hard on it. And, as what you suggested, we will keep doing this job and try to get a better result. I believe that, with our effort togther, there will be a promotion of this Forum. Thank you again.

Since the members of this Forum are from all different countries and in different time zones, they may visit the Forum in different time. This is may be one of the reason that the number of members are not huge at a time in the Forum.

On the other hand, as there are other ways through which our users could get help from us, many users don't use this way. This might also be the reason.

Besides, there is another Forum provided by us, named "zwcadclub". Here is the website link for you to have a look.

http://www.zwcadclub.com/en/default.asp

If there are any other suggestions about ZWCAD, please kindly let us know. Thanks very much again.

Best Regards,
DennyDenny2010-03-16 09:58:32

Brian

Message 5 of 19

Denny

Thank you for your reply.
I have replied to this on Private Mail for reasons that will be obvious to you.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 19

18-03-2010 10:25 . pm | View his/her posts only

Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your information.

I have sent to you a private message and an email. Please kindly check it.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Denny

Denny2010-03-18 22:26:02

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 19

23-03-2010 11:28 . pm | View his/her posts only

[QUOTE=Denny]Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your suggestion very much. We really highly appreciate it.

Actually, our marketing department is always working hard on it. And, as what you suggested, we will keep doing this job and try to get a better result. I believe that, with our effort togther, there will be a promotion of this Forum. Thank you again.

Since the members of this Forum are from all different countries and in different time zones, they may visit the Forum in different time. This is may be one of the reason that the number of members are not huge at a time in the Forum.

On the other hand, as there are other ways through which our users could get help from us, many users don't use this way. This might also be the reason.

Besides, there is another Forum provided by us, named "zwcadclub". Here is the website link for you to have a look.

http://www.zwcadclub.com/en/default.asp

If there are any other suggestions about ZWCAD, please kindly let us know. Thanks very much again.

Best Regards,
Denny

Hi Denny,
why two different forums?

@Wilbri: I agree with you

Regards
Carlo

Brian

Message 8 of 19

Denny

I have referred to zwcadclub.
Why should I have to go to another forum??
Are there people more capable of answering my question/ I doubt it.
So what is the purpose of having two forums?

Please advise?

Regards

Wilbri

OldForumPost

Message 9 of 19

24-03-2010 02:53 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Carlo,

Thank you for your feedback.

Actually, we are planing to establish a more prefessional technical platform for our users, named ZWCAD Club, and the new forum is a part of it. If users have any problems when they visit ZWCAD Club, they could post their questions on the that Forum directly. And we will also try to answer their questions as soon as possible.

At present, the ZWCAD Club is under developing, it may become mature next year. By then, our uers will have a more professional platform.

This Forum is our offical one, welcome to this Forum warmly.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
DennyDenny2010-03-24 14:54:04

OldForumPost

Message 10 of 19

24-03-2010 03:01 . pm | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Wilbri]Denny

I have referred to zwcadclub.
Why should I have to go to another forum??
Are there people more capable of answering my question/ I doubt it.
So what is the purpose of having two forums?

Please advise?

Regards

Wilbri

Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your question.

I think that you have misunderstood my suggestion. I just introduce to you our another Forum. You are welcome to this Forum all the time, very much. It is unneccessary to go to another Forum. In my reply to Carlo, I have explain why there are two Forum, you could refer to it.

Thank you for your efforts, Wilbri.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Denny

Brian

Message 11 of 19

Dear Denny

Thank you for your reply both on this forum and privately.
much appreciated.

Please understand that my comments are not intended to be negative but rather my intentions are to stimulate open communication for the betterment of members of this forum and your product in general.
I wish you well with the advancement of your forum on ZWCAD club.
I understand that this forum is under development and could possibly only be working towards the end of the year and therefore will continue to use this forum.
I am happy with this forum so why suggest the other one to members when it is still being developed.
This may be a good topic for a weekly?monthly newsletter which does not exist as far as I am aware.

Kind regards

Brian

OldForumPost

Message 12 of 19

26-03-2010 05:32 . pm | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Wilbri]Dear Denny

Thank you for your reply both on this forum and privately.
much appreciated.

Please understand that my comments are not intended to be negative but rather my intentions are to stimulate open communication for the betterment of members of this forum and your product in general.
I wish you well with the advancement of your forum on ZWCAD club.
I understand that this forum is under development and could possibly only be working towards the end of the year and therefore will continue to use this forum.
I am happy with this forum so why suggest the other one to members when it is still being developed.
This may be a good topic for a weekly?monthly newsletter which does not exist as far as I am aware.

Kind regards

Brian

Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your reply very much.

I am very glad that you like this Forum. Thank you for your interest and efforts. Actually, we have no plan to cancle this Forum at all. This Forum will be continued and will be the very place for our discussion on technical issues.

We hope more and more members and guests could get help from here and get their problems solved. So, we need everyone's efforts to make it a better place for technical communication.

Thanks again. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Denny

Brian

Message 13 of 19

Dear Denny
Thank you for your encouraging reply.
I must once again praise ZWCAD efforts in what you are attempting to achieve.
Yes, this forum is a means of involving ZWCAD members to air their concerns, which with some good response will encourage further discussion.
This practice not only contributes towards gaining more participating members, but also is a major contribution towards the development of your good product.
Members would obviously expect a quicker turn around time.
Maybe at present you require more trained assistants until the members themselves have sufficient knowledge of ZWCAD to be of assistance to one another?
Having committed myself to your product, I will continue to learn how to use it and encourage forum members to participate wherever possible.
This is very important.

Kind regards

OldForumPost

Message 14 of 19

01-04-2010 04:01 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your caring about ZWCAD. You are right, more participating memebers could help improve ZWCAD, but it seems that not so many active memeber right now. On one hand, we need to have sufficient knowledge of ZWCAD so that we could solve problems for the vistors in time. On the other hand, we may need to promte some interesting market activaties so that more and more visitors could join in this forum and communicate with each other about ZWCAD.

thank you for your suggestion and effort and we will try to do better with you.

Elaine

Brian

Message 15 of 19

Dear Elaine

Thank you for these encouraging words.
Yes agreed, quick response to answer and solve problems placed on this forum is very important to members and will encourage more members to participate.
If the response remains as it is in this General forum section the members will become annoyed and frustrated and not bother to use the forum. Very bad!
I am impressed with your efforts to assist members.
Please keep up the good work and I hope that you will soon be assisted by other staff who are well trained in the use of the program like you are.

I wish that i had enough knowledge of the program to be able to assist you more.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Wilbri

Wilbri2010-04-03 02:31:48

Brian

Message 16 of 19

Dear Elaine

Since contribution the last message I have spent some time considering other ways of encouraging our members and wish to submit the following suggestions:

As a mechanical design and development engineer, I fully understand the situation ZWCAD is in.

You have a good product which is under constant development.
There seems to me to be nothing wrong with most of the program in terms of creating drawings. Yes there are many small details and features that need to be included.

In terms of marketing, would it not be possible to to publish a monthly news letter to post to all members as you do have our addresses.
What I was considering is the provision of information on ZWCAD in the market place at present.
Maybe it could include an introduction to major departments within the company, outlining their functions.
And then of course possibly an introduction to various key staff members outlining there role within the company in terms of position, functions and responsibilities.
Also possibly a list of features presently under development with some expected release date.
(Incidentally from what I have read on this forum, there seem to be a few bugs in the program that are presently being attended to.
Is it not possible to send theses as "patch" updates when the problem has been ironed rather than have your client wait for the next update release? )
And then finally some information regarding major ZWCAD clients throughout the world and current or planned events.

I believe such open positive action could stimulate member activity not only on the forum but in promoting ZWCAD in the market place.

I would be interested in your reply in this regard.

Regards

Wilbri.

Wilbri2010-04-03 03:31:23

OldForumPost

Message 17 of 19

Are things always this slow around here? I've seen more activity at an ant mound! LOL

Anyway, come on folks don't be such stick-in-the-muds. Talk. Discuss. Argue. Debate. Show some inkling of life!

Wilbri: Looks like you have your work cut out for you getting the forum users to loosen up a little bit. Either they are very busy little worker bees or the cat has their tongue.

OldForumPost

Message 18 of 19

20-04-2010 10:57 . am | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Wilbri] Dear Elaine

Since contribution the last message I have spent some time considering other ways of encouraging our members and wish to submit the following suggestions:

As a mechanical design and development engineer, I fully understand the situation ZWCAD is in.

You have a good product which is under constant development.
There seems to me to be nothing wrong with most of the program in terms of creating drawings. Yes there are many small details and features that need to be included.

In terms of marketing, would it not be possible to to publish a monthly news letter to post to all members as you do have our addresses.
What I was considering is the provision of information on ZWCAD in the market place at present.
Maybe it could include an introduction to major departments within the company, outlining their functions.
And then of course possibly an introduction to various key staff members outlining there role within the company in terms of position, functions and responsibilities.
Also possibly a list of features presently under development with some expected release date.
(Incidentally from what I have read on this forum, there seem to be a few bugs in the program that are presently being attended to.
Is it not possible to send theses as "patch" updates when the problem has been ironed rather than have your client wait for the next update release? )
And then finally some information regarding major ZWCAD clients throughout the world and current or planned events.

I believe such open positive action could stimulate member activity not only on the forum but in promoting ZWCAD in the market place.

I would be interested in your reply in this regard.

Regards

Wilbri.

Dear Wilbri,

How are you doing?

Thank you very much for your efforts and suggestions. We really appreciate it. Personally, your hard work and good ideas encouraged me a lot. As to these suggetions, we will consider it carefully and try to reply to you soon. This is a large project for us, but also a chance. If you have any other more suggestions or questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much again.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Denny

OldForumPost

Message 19 of 19

20-04-2010 11:04 . am | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Tesla]Are things always this slow around here? I've seen more activity at an ant mound! LOL

Anyway, come on folks don't be such stick-in-the-muds. Talk. Discuss. Argue. Debate. Show some inkling of life!

Wilbri: Looks like you have your work cut out for you getting the forum users to loosen up a little bit. Either they are very busy little worker bees or the cat has their tongue.

Dear Tesla,

Thank you for your feedback and encouragement.

We will try to respond faster and make this Forum more professional and active.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Denny
See also