CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Setting drawing limits and Help menu demo movies

Setting drawing limits and Help menu demo movies

Brian

Message 1 of 8

28-03-2010 07:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
I am presently experiencing a problem with adjusting the drawing limits required to suite my completed drawing, which is ready for plotting.
I therefore consulted the help menu which is informative although I would also would like to view the demo movie reel displayed.

My questions are as follows:

1.) How do I reset my drawing limits?

Description of problem:

To identify my limits I tabbed onto the grid pattern and find that my drawing is located (displayed) at the center of the right hand edge of the grid display, clearly indicating to me that I had a problem.
The drawing limits are switched on and the lower left hand corner of my drawing is located at 0,0,0 co-ordinate setting.
I went into FORMAT>DRAWING LIMITS and then proceeded to attempt to reset the limits by identifying them by commencing at the lower left corner and completing at the top right hand corner of my drawing boarder and then keyed ENTER.
But found that the limits remained as before.

2.) Help menu demonstration movie reel.

The movie demo assistance does not function at present.
How do I get it to function?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 8

02-04-2010 10:28 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello Wilbri,

Regarding to your questions, following are my suggestions for your reference:
1. How do I reset my drawing limits?
I made a movie as follows to show my operation, if it is not what you really want, please feel free to let me know.

2. Help menu demonstration movie reel.
you mean you got a error message when you click "Help"-->"Teaching Movies", if so, it is required to install the movie file, and the download link is:
http://download.zwcad.com/en/Movie/2010/Movies2010_Mul.msi<;/A>

or the movie cannot be played completely?

Brian

Message 3 of 8

Dear Elaine

Thank you for your response.
I have viewed your movie 4 times and although I am sure you have provided me with a solution, I am finding your excelent movie is too fast for me to follow and commit operations to memory or paper so that I can follow your advice.
Question:
Is there a way to slow down the movie.
Have also had a look at leaders movie solution that you provided for vlad_simple and find the same problem.

I am presently downloading your movie software. Thank you for the hyperlink.
Is there an option to slow down or pause in this facility?

Please advise?

Regards
Wilbri

Wilbri2010-04-03 01:58:25

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 8

08-04-2010 03:05 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Wilbri,

Sorry for my late reply.

thank you for your suggestion. i will try to find another useful tool to make the movie so that there will be pause button and some notes.

Besides, following are the details showed in the movie for your reference:
1. untick the options in the Grid settings:

then the area showed in Grid is the one defined by "limits" function

2. now we could click "Grid" to see the grid
and we can see there is a message showed in the command line "The grid spacing is too small to display in this view"
we need to change the grid spacing so that it could be showed.

3. make a rectangle and change the grid area
after create a rectangle(you can treat this rectangle as the area of your drawing), use the "limits" function to redefine the area for the grid

4. click "grid" and we can see now it shows inside the rectangle

For any inquiries, please feel free to let me know.
Elaine2010-04-08 15:50:54

Brian

Message 5 of 8

Thank you Elaine

I have been successful in downloading movies which work well.
Correct speed to to be able to comprehend.
And also with the help of the movie although not directly answering my question is sufficient together with your explanation above have provided me with the answer.
(If you are able to accomplish slowing down the forum related movies, this would be great.)
I will apply this information to my drawing tomorrow.

I truly appreciate your response, something that I have eluded to in my in my comments on member participation topic.
We possibly have many non member viewers to this forum who are looking at purchasing ZWCAD and who may be hesitant to do so due to lack of prompt back-up assistance.
This forum should be considered as a very important part of ZWCAD marketing program.

In terms of ZWCAD, I have experienced very few problems in my daily use.
I sincerely hope that my and other members comments are not taken as a personal criticism, but rather as a means of assistance to improving ZWCAD.
I do realize that the software, although advanced is in the stages of further development.
Therefore member participation and prompt action plays a very important role with this development.
Your contribution is much appreciated. Please continue with your good work on this forum?

Regards

Wilbri2010-04-09 05:34:01

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 8

I'll second the words above and add that a failure to respond could be seen as a lack of commitment but it also behooves everyone if more ZwCAD users know about and utilize this site and most importantly share what they have learned.

Brian

Message 7 of 8

Thank you Telsa

Your response is truly appreciated.

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 8

10-04-2010 09:33 . am | View his/her posts only
Thank you, Wilbri

We all appreciate your help for the promotion of ZWCAD as well as this forum. And we will also keep up doing our best so that more and more customers could benefit from ZWCAD in their daily drafting work.

Besides, you and other members' comments are very valuable to us, on one hand, we learn different points of views, our custmers' concerns, expectations from them which could help improve ZWCAD to meet more needs, on the other hand, i think our memebers are professional and they could provide many excellent ideas and solutions to each other also to us. we prefer to learn from each other instead of just providing our solutions.
See also