CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > x ref manager and relative path

x ref manager and relative path

jeffrey cate

Message 1 of 7

31-08-2010 12:21 . pm | View his/her posts only
hope you can help me with this thanks..
I've been using zwcad a week ago..im experiencing a problem in xref manager when im trying to repath the file name it doesnt repath and also why the name of each file I attached is duplicating in another file in the xref manager?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 7

31-08-2010 02:09 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear JBCATE,

For your First question: I try to repath the Xref, and it works well, any xref can pe repath to another. From the picture, I know that you are using Win XP. So I want another information is the version number of ZWCAD, just type "vernum" in ZWCAD to get the number and post it here. I'm using 2010.06.30(14725.292) on Win XP SP3. I will check it again with these info.

For your second question, I think it's not a duplicate. That'a because the three file under "SA01 PLN 01" is inserted as xref into "SA01 PLN 01". And then you insert "SA01 PLN 01" as a xref again into your current drawing. So the List view of xref manager will show all of the individual xref first and then show the xref in another xref. It's normal, not duplicate.

jeffrey cate

Message 3 of 7

31-08-2010 05:24 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Daniel ZWCAD Forum,

Thanks for the information. Im using 2010.06.30(14725.292) on Win Xp sp3 also. I just want to fully utilize the capability of your software regarding xref. I have another problem I encountered during my xref. I'l just post it to another topic because I dont know how to attached another pic here..

Thanks,
JBCATE

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

Dear JBCATE,

With your further information, I've done such test and nothing works wrong. So I want you to describe your steps of REPATH in detail, so I can reproduce your first problem to see if it is a real Bug.

Thanks in advance

jeffrey cate

Message 5 of 7

01-09-2010 09:41 . am | View his/her posts only
Sir Daniel,

Here is the file structure of our file system
'Computer-01'shareddocs'EMBA'PUBLIC'PROJECTS'LILOAN HOUSING'WKG_FILE ZWCAD TRAINING'DWG
In the DWG folder we have edit and plot and so on as you can see on the image..
In the WKG FILE ZWCAD TRAINING we have ARCHIVE, DWG FOLDER..in the archive folder we archive the drawings from DWG FOLDER..we simply copy the DWG FOLDER and paste it to the ARCHIVE FOLDER..to make it work we must repath all the xref file in the DWG FOLDER.
So from there we must start out repath in
'DWG..
I did this repath ..'..'..'DWG..it didnt work on your ZWDCAD even I try doing this ..'..'.'DWG, ..'..'DWG but in Autocad it works.
we are saving all the files in Autocad2004 dwg on your zwcad.

And also I posted another problem in XREF I just attached the image.

Thanks,
JBCATE

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 7

Dear JBCATE,

I did what you said. I created a similar file folders like yours, that is ...'Test folder, in Test folder , I have ARCHIVE and DWG folder.
Firstly I insert Xref file from DWG folder, then copy the DWG folder and paste it to ARCHIVE folder. Then I open the drawing and make repath: Open Xref Manager, select a Xref, and change its directory to :...'Test'ARCHIVE'DWG'0.dwg, and it works.
Before:

After:

Command Bar Prompt:

Is it the same as you did? Looking forward to your reply.Daniel2010-09-02 11:19:34

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 7

And one more thing, is it that you are using relative path in the Xref Manager instead of full path?

In that case, it will show "Unable to update", because ZWCAD don't recognize relative path, such as "..'..'xx. dwg". Full path of the file is recommended.
See also