UCS icon disappears

Mike

Message 1 of 7

UCS icon disappears
02-12-2010 09:25 . am | View his/her posts only
If I start a new drawing in ZWcad2011beta I can manipulate the UCS icon using the UCS icon properties, they all work correctly I can move, place, twist and change size etc. If the icon position goes out of view it will reappear at a neutral screen location, thats good.

I can import some objects from AutoCad2010 to the drawing and all remains functioning but once I import a large complex file from Acad2010 the icon disappears and connot be made to reappear on screen using any of the functions that previously worked on the less complex drawings. The same happens for drawings from Acad2004.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 7

UCS icon disappears
Dear cncorbust,

Regard to your problem, I think this only happens to some large and complex drawing, which made ZWCAD functions wrongly, so could you please send us the sample drawings to test? we promise to keep confidential for you.

You can send the drawing file to tech@zwcad.com , also better with some other detail information. such as the version number , you can type " vernum "in ZWCAD to get it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Mike

Message 3 of 7

UCS icon disappears

I tried to send the big file that was causing the problem but it was too big for my internet connect (it timed out before it was finished sending) but I have found a smaller file that creates the same loss of the UCS icon.

I have already sent the file to ZWcadUSA who should foreward it on to the tech support. Let me know if I should have done that. I can send the file direct to tech (at) zwcad.*** if you prefer but who should I address the file to?

Mike

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

UCS icon disappears

Dear cncorbust,

it's also ok to send the file to ZWCADUSA, they can also help you on technical issues. And if they can not solve it, they will report to us as well.

If you want to send report to us directly, you don't need to address to anybody, since we have specific person in charge of the mailbox.

Thanks!

Mike

Message 5 of 7

UCS icon disappears

Now, I have a file that will demonstrate the loss of the UCS icon. I cannot make a screen video of the actions but follow my instructions and it will repeatedly loose the icon.

Load ZWcad making sure that any drawing will have the full screen, no cluttering from tool tablets etc.
lSet UCS icon for 3D
Load the attached file (cats.dwg) into ZWcad
The files objects will be mid screen and the UCS will be on right about mid height
Select real time zoom
Zoom in and the icon will stay on screen
Zoom out, the icon will disappear off the right of the screen but it will re appear at the bottom left of the screen. That is as it should be
Go back to the original zoom size with the icon on the right side of the screen
Go to the view pull down menu and select Visual Styles > hidden
Do a small realtime zoom. When you release the left mouse button the icon will disappear after a slight pause.
(I have occasionally had to do a larger zoom but most of the time the small zoom will loose the icon)

UNDOing these actions corrects the problem but that is not a useful solution.

I just tried to upload the file using the upload file tab but I get a message saying that only priveledged members can upload. How do I send the file to you?

Mike

Mike

Message 6 of 7

UCS icon disappears
I just sent the file "cats.dwg" direct to tech (at) zwcad.com

Mike

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 7

UCS icon disappears

Mike,

I've got the problem, actually it's an old problem in ZWCAD:

ID:12002 When using shade'hide mode in 3D drawing, regen the drawing , the usc icon disappear.

This is a kernel problem due to ZWCAD's using of OpenGL mode in rendering solids, there will be some error in displaying the icon, so we choose do not display ucsicon under shade/hide mode. Since this problem is caused by the kernel structure, so it can't be solved in a short time.

Currently we suggest you to use other visual style to display 3D drawings. Any further improvement on this, we will keep you informed.

Thanks for your understanding and feedback!Daniel2010-12-07 00:11:24
See also