Creating Custom Commands

relam

Message 1 of 2

06-12-2010 02:35 . pm | View his/her posts only
I am extremely familiar with the ins and outs of AutoCad and have for some time enjoyed the ability to create my own toolbars complete with unique buttons for unique commands that i have written. I know how to create commands through lisp with zwcad, but I haven't been able to figure out how to create buttons to place on my toolbars. Is this even possible to do? Will it be possible in the 2011 version? Does anyone have a solution or perhaps an add-on that would make this possible?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 2

Creating Custom Commands
07-12-2010 08:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear relam,

Of course you can customize your own button place on toolbar in ZWCAD. Follow steps like these:

1. command APPLOAD, browse the lisp file you write for the button, load it, it should contain a command name to do some specific operation. You can also add it to Startup Suite.

2. command CUSTOMIZE, the dialog box show up. On Toolbar tab, you can create your own toolbar to store your own button.

3. Don't close this dialog box, right click on the blank toolbar your create, select insert, input the command name(defined in your lisp code) and other information for the button. OK

4. close customize dialog, click on the button you created, it will call out the command defined in your lisp.

Hope it can help you.
See also