CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > PDF Printer and Tools **FREE**

PDF Printer and Tools **FREE**

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 11

PDF Printer and Tools **FREE**
17-12-2010 05:22 . pm | View his/her posts only
As a result of this (possibly) spam post, I felt I could share my answer to this.

(I don't get many opportunities to contribute to this forum so I couldn't resist posting this to benefit other members)

CutePDFWriter installs as a printer on your system and will create a fully customisable pdf file from ANY type of document. ie. dwg, doc, txt, jpg, xls, html, png, etc. (ANY file type!!)

Best of all.... It is TOTALLY FREE. I have used this for a few years now and never had a problem.
It really is ... VERY GOOD..!!

Also ... pdftk is a
great little utility to combine, dissect, rotate and background stamp
your pdf files.
Is very useful for creating multi-page pdf files. Also FREE..!
(Merge all your pdf files from the same design into one file..)

My 2c

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 11

19-12-2010 06:56 . pm | View his/her posts only
Damo you are so nice, thanks to share the information with all of us! It will benifit many users with older ZWCAD version

Why I said "old" is because in ZWCAD 2011, released on December 15, has a new feature called PDF plotter. It's a integrated plot driver inside ZWCAD so if you have a ZWCAD 2011, you will never feel difficult to get a layered PDF document from your DWG drawing.

Thanks!

multiit

Message 3 of 11

15-01-2011 04:41 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello

I can't find PDF.pc5 in test version of ZWCAD 2011. I have only JPEG and PNG pc5 files.

I would like to test this feature.

multiit

Message 4 of 11

16-01-2011 09:17 . am | View his/her posts only
I think I solved the problem.

I used AddPlotExe.exe file from "ZWCAD 2011 Plk" directory to create PDF.pc5 file.

Is this the same PDF feature which you decribed in ZWCAD 2011 new features?

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 11

16-01-2011 07:43 . pm | View his/her posts only

Dear multiit,

Yes it's exactly what we describe as a new feature in ZWCAD 2011. Currently user needs to add the PDF plotter manually, it's not convenient, so we will add this plotter directly into the list in later patch.
Thanks for your support to ZWCAD!

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 11

31-01-2011 12:01 . am | View his/her posts only
I noticed that and everytime I delete them immediately.

But recently such post is too much many, and I need to delete them one by one in different post, it's so annoying and maybe I just missed some of them(like this one)

Maybe we have to figure out how to delete such posts by some simple method in one click away. thanks for your notice!

mitzy

Message 7 of 11

13-06-2011 04:19 . am | View his/her posts only

Hi guys! Just upgraded to ZWCAD 2011. Is there a possibility to print
a dwg page into multiple pages automatically without selecting the
printing area manually? Maybe using a pdf driver?
Can you please help me?
Thanks! Smile

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 11

13-06-2011 05:57 . am | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=mitzy]
Hi guys! Just upgraded to ZWCAD 2011. Is there a possibility to print a dwg page into multiple pages automatically without selecting the printing area manually? Maybe using a pdf driver?
Can you please help me?
Thanks! Smile

Hi mitzy,

Do you want to plot dwg into one pdf with multiple pages?
This function is not supported yet.
If you want to plot different part of your one drawing, you can make several layouts to display them, then plot it one by one using "Layout" in Plot Area

OldForumPost

Message 9 of 11

22-06-2011 10:50 . pm | View his/her posts only

I have just purchesed and started using ZWCAD 2011 version. Are there any way to create Multi-Page PDF files using ZWCAD Because I have to sent severalfiles to my clients to explain a project. Eg. Ground floor plan, Upper floor plan etc. It is convenient send one file having muli-pages. Hemantha SeneviratneChartered ArchitectSri Lanka

OldForumPost

Message 10 of 11

23-06-2011 12:46 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Hemantha,

As I replied on early post above yours, ZWCAD currently only support one-page PDF.
If you want to combine or merge several PDF file into one multi-page file, I know there are some kind of free software can do that job. You may want to search on Internet for them. Then you can use ZWCAD to plot your file to PDF then use the tool to merge them into one.

OldForumPost

Message 11 of 11

23-06-2011 06:19 . am | View his/her posts only

Thank you very much for your information.Hemantha
See also