CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Vx Sheet Metal verses the world

Vx Sheet Metal verses the world

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 4

Vx Sheet Metal verses the world
24-07-2003 06:04 . am | View his/her posts only
Ladies & Gentlemen

Over the last few weeks it has come to my attention that we have a great sheet metal product. I have had various meetings with Solid Edge and Radan resellers who think VX is a cool product.

VX vs Solid Edge

Graphical representation of the flanges etc... we can they can't
Easily apply relief... we can they can't
Import non native geometry and then develop it...we can they can't (This is a BIG request from end users in the sheet metal industry)
End users need to see the distortion in a cut through a bend... we can they can't

VX vs Radan

Graphical representation of the flanges etc... we can they can't
Import non native geometry and then develop it...we can they can't (This is a BIG request from end users in the sheet metal industry)

In conclusion

Don't under estimate the functionality within our sheet metal. It's easy to work with and has more flexibility and more functionality than 2 of the market leaders in the sheet metal arena.
It may be a market that we have all neglected in the past, But the time for our sheet metal in NOW!

Good Luck

Kyonghun

Message 2 of 4

25-07-2003 10:38 . pm | View his/her posts only
That is good to hear.

Just so that you know that "Herr Blech" has not forgotten sheet metal, I'd like to mention that couple of enhancements are
also on the table, too...although it appears they will be mostly on "available time" basis for the moment.

One is being able to add full flanges to base faces with concave side edges ("L" shapes, for example)
without the bend side faces being merged, too. Should even work on concave edges with angles less than 90 degrees, ("L"shapes) since it will chop through the interfering part of the base face as necessary

On the import geometry front, I am looking into automatically merging bend side faces that have been sliced a few times too many
before being imported. Most of the non-working test parts fall into this category. I.e. if you go in and merge some of them yourself
and THEN try unfolding, you will see a lot of them will actually work.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 4

25-08-2003 12:48 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hmm, who is this brilliant sheet metal developer...

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

26-08-2003 03:30 . am | View his/her posts only
Herr Blech

The way that the sheet metal is developing, We are surely going to Rock the sheet metal world.
Keep that developing rolling.

Thanks

Joc
See also