CAD software discussion forum > CAD > What OS platform would you like ZWCAD to run on?

What OS platform would you like ZWCAD to run on?

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 7

21-03-2011 08:41 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear friends,

We would like to know about your opinion about which platform you want to run your ZWCAD on, please kindly cast your vote or leave your message below to share your precious ideas with us.

Thank you~~Smile

ilia_2s

Message 2 of 7

22-03-2011 07:13 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi! Although we have w7 and vista licenses, we use Xp only, because it's good and stable system! I consider that MS windows is a low-costed os( isnt a luxury) for engeeniring organizations. we use many various and expensive software that is developed only for windows.

I have never seen a succesful business company works with(using) MAC, it's a very limited sector.

On the one hand, it's a good idea to port ZWCAD on linux, because there are no similar CADs for linux, especially with DWG support. But on the other hand,it's not a good idea if you are not correctly calculate "porting cost / buyers" index (quotient ).

I don't understand what u mean about VMs! ZWcad works prefectly on windows VM )). Parallels? Hmmm.. As I think you don't mean zwcad on server. Are you mean distributed computing? I think it's a difficult job for zwsoft developers. Firstly they must fix all curent issues. Secondly in this case the may think about smth like "CUDA" in zwcad.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 7

Thanks ilia for sharing your thoughtful ideas, it's very valueable for us.

And about VM, I mean some individual users may want to use ZWCAD on Mac, but we do not provide a Mac version, so they can just use VM on Mac, and use ZWCAD in VM(Windows) environment, we want to know whether this kind of users want to use a Native Mac version or they are just satisified with the current situation.

Again, thanks for your suggestion!

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

26-05-2011 02:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi there!
I vote for Linux, because I think, it would be a cool idea, something like cross-platform licensing. In my opinion, Ubuntu is very fast and well-developed operating system. It would be awesome, if I could work with DWG files there. Also, my wish would be some sort of Android-tablet orientated DWG file viewer. It's a growing market, and I think it's the opportunity for ZwSOFT to make an advertising campaign there.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 7

Hello guys.

I strongly believe WIN OS is the main OS you should be focusing on. Namely, open source solutions are very popular, but they don

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 7

Hi birocom2000,

Thans very much for your thoughtful response. we really appreciate your ideas and suggestions, and will consider about them seriously .

dang xuan nguyen

Message 7 of 7

04-10-2011 08:48 . am | View his/her posts only
Thank you very much.
Have fun. I think it will help you.good night.

organic guarana powder
podiatrist San Antonio
mizzfail2011-10-04 23:43:28
See also