Patches?

Ben

Message 1 of 4

Patches?
06-04-2011 07:30 . am | View his/her posts only
Since I joined this forum I found there have been posts containing links for software patches to address program bugs. If you did not visit this forum you would be un-aware of these, because when you visit ZW home page and go to program patches the latest one goes all the way back to version 2010.

Also, when a link to a patch is posted there is no reference as to what fixes the patch addresses, so one does not know if it is worth all of the hassle to reload ZWcad and reinstate all of your settings and customizations as it may not address a problem you personally may be experiencing.

My wish would be as follows:

a. Create a forum folder to simply list links to patches as they become available.

b. List under each patch the changes the patch addresses.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

Patches?

Dear Finnbear,

Thanks for your long time contribution and suggestions to the forum, we really appreciate that.

About the patch issues you mentioned, I'd like to explain as follow:

1.Normally, if we have a official release or update patch, you surely will see it on our ZW website. This kind of patch is seriously tested by us.

2.Sometimes there may be some urgent problems need to be solved in short time, so we just try to fix them as soon as we can, and then make a "Special" patch to those who are suffering from these urgent problems. and this kind of patch is not tested carefully, so it may be unstable. Thus, we are not providing this patch on website, or make a forum post to list them. If users meet corresponding problems, then we will send the patch links to them individually.

Hope you can understand us, and thanks for your kind support!

Ben

Message 3 of 4

Patches?
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply and your explaination. That being said, is there an estimated timeline for an official 2011 patch to address some of the current bugs. i.e. "text justification".

Although, I have found work arounds to these problems they still affect speed.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

Patches?
Ye, we are planning to release a official patch in June, it will be publish to the public with many problem fixed. thanks for your attention.
See also