CAD software discussion forum > CAD > how to use ZWCAD license manager on NAS

how to use ZWCAD license manager on NAS

arnold kieboom

Message 1 of 4

how to use ZWCAD license manager on NAS
06-06-2011 09:54 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello,

We received a soft encryption code for working with soft-dongle. Untill now working with server but we switched to NAS system. Problem where do I get the license manager and how to install on NAS.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

06-06-2011 09:54 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi, marnol51

When speaking about NAS, do you mean Network Access Server?

I am not familiar with such kind of network environment, could you please explain more information about it to me? like its structure and how you connect with server and Internet. With more detail , it will be easier for me to help you about the license problem. Thanks!

arnold kieboom

Message 3 of 4

06-06-2011 10:20 . pm | View his/her posts only
It is a file server. On this NAS server, no windows is instaled. It is accessible by our office network only. (uptill now, simce we want to make internet acces possible as well in future). Also a XP machine is in the network. This XP was acting as a server before by means of file sharing.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

07-06-2011 04:54 . am | View his/her posts only

From your description, the NAS server do not have internet access currently, and it is not using Windows system, right?

Since ZWCAD and ZWCAD network tools can only be installed on Windows system, in this case, you can not install ZWCAD or ZWCAD network tool on non-windows system server. Can you use that XP machine as server and install network license manager?
See also