CAD software discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Create linetype with shape, custom linetype autocad, autocad complex linetypes

Create linetype with shape, custom linetype autocad, autocad complex linetypes

Liliana

Message 1 of 2

Create linetype with shape, custom linetype autocad, autocad complex linetypes
29-06-2011 08:07 . pm | View his/her posts only
I have a question regarding how to create linetype with shape? How to custom linetype autocad? Any guide about autocad complex linetypes? Normally in AutoCAD, I have to use the autocad command MKLTYPE, but first I have to create the shape using the autocad MKSHAPE, then load that shape I have just created using the command SHAPE and then I can choose the sequence of entities I want to use for my custom linetype (lines, points, text shapes). However I have found out that ZWCAD does not have the command MKSHAPE to create a shape (.SHX file) I also tried to load a shape created in AutoCAD using the command SHAPE but it always tells me that cannot find it.

So do you know any work around for this? Or how can I create a custom linetype with shapes using ZWCAD?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 2

29-06-2011 08:07 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello, lileuca

ZWCAD currently doesn't support to create a SHX file, but it can use existing SHX file to create line type.

First you need to use LOAD command to load a shx file (it should be a shape file, not a big-font file), then use SHAPE command to insert it into drawing. Then draw lines around as you want. Then use MKLTYPE command as you do in AutoCAD, and in the process you may be prompted to select the SHX file you used, again.

Here are step to step instructions:
1. Input command LOAD in ZWCAD, choose a shx file.
If you don't have ZWCAD, you can download from here: http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad+
2. Input command SHAPE to insert this shx file into the drawing.
3. Draw lines around as you want.
4. Input command MKLTYPE, and select the shx file you used.
See also