fillet for 3D Poly

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 5

04-07-2011 07:51 . am | View his/her posts only

...How can be done with VBA ,lisp....?????

Seems that also autocad fails on this.
I know the coordinates for each vertex.
Maybe to try to convert the 3d poly on 2dpoly and then to fillet...but
the VBA help misses about the fillet method,maybe it isn't foresee.
Please help me with other ways or workaround.
Thanks.sergioc2011-07-04 08:03:36

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 5

fillet for 3D Poly
04-07-2011 07:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi,

Fillet command only works for 2D polyline, so you need to convert your 3D poly to 2D poly first, then use fillet command.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 5

05-07-2011 09:12 . am | View his/her posts only
Please how can I convert with VBA one 3D poly to 2D poly?
Could you (o someone else for you ,you said that you aren't so good with VBA) post one example ?
Script or lisp would be great also.
I'm confident with VBA and I think that I need the fix for to change the UCS ,as per previous post,for to do the conversion.
Is it there a workaround?
This is the last step (for the design part of the project) for to develop one application with ZW that automatically make bill of material for piping engineering.
The database is fully working,I need only some graphical help.
Thanks a lot.
Sergio.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 5

fillet for 3D Poly
04-07-2011 07:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi, I am not good at VBA, but I know that in ZWCAD, if you draw a 3D polyline and select it, open the property box, you will see a property name "Three-dim polyline" and the value is "yes", if you change it to "no", then it will become a 2D polyline. Can you change a property of the 3D poly in VBA? But this will make the polyline be onto the XY plan after fillet.

And as you said you are making an application for ZWCAD, in this case, could you provide more information about your application? such as its name, detail usage, and if possible, we hope you can make a short video to show how your current project working. If you can provide this to us, we will transfer your case to our professional API support team to help you on your project. You can send all this information to tech@zwcad.com and we promise to keep confidential for you. Thanks and looking forward to cooperate with you.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 5

06-07-2011 05:15 . am | View his/her posts only
Daniel, thanks for the informations,I' ll do as you suggested.
See also