CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Phantom viewport

Phantom viewport

BryanS

Message 1 of 6

25-07-2011 09:38 . am | View his/her posts only
When importing paperspace layouts, I found that the titleblocks that I have setup from AutoCad do not import the viewports correctly. Our viewports are based on objects, do they have a non rectangular shape.

Even after I delete all objects on that layout, I find I still have a viewport, which has no entity. I can turn the polyline that we use for a veiwport into one, but then I have 2 veiwports.

In short, after importing a titleblock, I have a veiwport that is not properly cropped, and cannot be deleted, selected, or changed.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

Phantom viewport
25-07-2011 08:08 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi, I've seen such kind of problem before, sometimes after certain operation, the viewport border will disappear which makes it cannot be deleted, selected or changed.

Could you please send your problem titleblock to us as a sample to anaylse? We will keep confidential for you, our email is tech@zwcad.com

What version number of ZWCAD you are using? My suggestion now is use ZWCAD to create the titleblock especially the viewport inside. Thanks

BryanS

Message 3 of 6

26-07-2011 07:32 . am | View his/her posts only
Email Sent, thanks!

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

Phantom viewport
Dear BryanS,

Thanks for your mail and file. We have confirmed this problem as a Bug.

When importing templates with pline viewport, the viewport will behave incorrectly.

The problem has been reported to related developer team to fix with a inquiry ID 16029. You can keep it for further inquiry and we will inform you if the problem fixed.

See more:
autocad create viewport
unlock viewport
max viewport
viewport freeze

BryanS

Message 5 of 6

08-08-2011 12:46 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thank you.

jemesright

Message 6 of 6

Phantom viewport
This table looks into the properties that are necessary to read out useful information about the
two viewports. As you can see, some of them are a mess and others are very well supported. CryDeadAngry

See also