CAD software discussion forum > CAD > license does not work when use Remote Desktop

license does not work when use Remote Desktop

David Guevara

Message 1 of 9

license does not work when use Remote Desktop
27-07-2011 03:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello...

Zwcad appear in Trial Edition when I use my computer from a Remote Desktop, this is already activated whith a valid licence.

Somebody help me please...

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 9

27-07-2011 08:03 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi davillo,

I believe that you are using a standalone license for your ZWCAD, right?

In this case, standalone license cannot be used at a remote desktop. It's a restriction we made to prevent multiple user login to a same computer and use ONE single license.

But if you are using a network floating license, you can use remote way to work with your ZWCAD.

Thanks for your understanding

Liliana

Message 3 of 9

16-08-2011 06:23 . pm | View his/her posts only

Hello; I have a question regarding this... if I need to have 10 simultaneous users accessing a remote desktop from their terminals, is there a way to manage those floating licenses in the terminal server (having installed the ZWCAD software in the terminal server as well)?

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 9

17-08-2011 10:14 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello lileuca,
According to the situation you mentioned, there are 10 copies of floating license were used, each one of the remote user take one floating license.

You can also manage the floating license in the terminal server by adding special code in zwflex.opt file.

Let me take an example to explain it.
There is one terminal server which has ZWCAD installed and it has already been activated with floating license. 10 users remote this terminal server and run ZWCAD on the terminal server.
The host name of the terminal server is Server2008.
One of these 10 remote users, his local computer user name is Bob, and his remote account to access the terminal server is BobBrush.

If you want all these 10 remotes users unable to use floating license on terminal server, you should forbid the terminal server to use floating license. Add codes like this in zwflex.opt file:
Exclude ZWCAD_PRO Host Server2008

If you don

Liliana

Message 5 of 9

19-08-2011 10:21 . am | View his/her posts only

Hello Jenny; Yes it is complicated as I see... let me see if I do understand it right.. it can be done controlling the user name of the local computer but the remote account from each user cannot be controlled??? For this network, there are no local computers or local computer user name, there are just terminals with a remote access pointing at the terminal server at all times and every user has its own remote account to access the terminal server and run the applications from there. So do you think there is any workarround to manage the licenses in the terminal service given that what we need to control are the user

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 9

22-08-2011 04:19 . am | View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=lileuca]
Yes it is complicated as I see... let me see if I do understand it right.. it can be done controlling the

Liliana

Message 7 of 9

22-08-2011 09:47 . am | View his/her posts only

yes, diskless workstation

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 9

25-08-2011 04:00 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi lileuca,

Eric has sent you email about this issue. He will follow up. We need some time to test, hope you can understand.

dang xuan nguyen

Message 9 of 9

25-10-2011 11:20 . pm | View his/her posts only
I believe that you are using a standalone license for your ZWCAD, right?

In this case, standalone license cannot be used at a remote desktop. It's a restriction we made to prevent multiple user login to a same computer and use ONE single license.

But if you are using a network floating license, you can use remote way to work with your ZWCAD.

Ok I gree with Daniel
See also