CAD software discussion forum > CAD > inserted bitmap images make navigation very slow, insert jpeg or bmp into cad

inserted bitmap images make navigation very slow, insert jpeg or bmp into cad

erik

Message 1 of 3

inserted bitmap images make navigation very slow, insert jpeg or bmp into cad
19-01-2012 04:15 . pm | View his/her posts only
I've just purchased ZWCad Standard 2011 and I have a problem concerning bitmap images.
I've inserted a 4000x2500 grayscale .jpg file (1,1MB size) to trace it, and my viewport reaction becomes very slow when zooming and panning, it freezes for 2 to 5 seconds. It's certainly not a lack of hardware speed, because I have 8 gig of RAM and I never had this issue with Autocad, not even with images double in size.

This is very dissapointing...

Maybe there's a setting to speed up things? Reducing the size of the image is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I also posted this on the zwcad.org forum, but it seems that it's flooded with spambots.

Bwana

Message 2 of 3

21-01-2012 03:00 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by setq at 2012-1-21 03:03

Post Last Edit by setq at 2012-1-21 03:02

Yes that is true for any raster image. If you think navigation is slow, try invoking a lisp routine THEN see what slow is.
The last ZW version that did not have this problem was 2009i. I've been complaining to support about this ever since version 2010 became available, to no avail. Each time they claim the problem has been solved when in fact it became worse. I agree it is very disappointing, more so in view of the fact that a solution cannot be too far away, just compare the source code with version 2009i. It is for this reason that I decided not to upgrade to 2012. The only clumsy workaround solution I could dream up was to put all raster images on a dedicated layer and then freeze it, thaw it only when needed. It seems to help a bit but still very clumsy.

DDWZW

Message 3 of 3

11-02-2012 05:07 . pm | View his/her posts only
We hope there be a breakthru in the near future.

mignt be a total new source code......
See also