Creating 3D curve for Heating equipment pipes
Message 1 of 4
One customer sent me a email to ask how to create 3d sketch, since they making heating equipment, there are a lot of pipes. Actually, zw3d use wireframe module to create 3d curve.
It is a simple case which is easy to do it in ZW3D, but from this case, I afraid that there are still some new users don't know how to use it, so I wil like to share about it as below.
1. The example what customer want to make it like that, it is easy case, but how to use a little skill to create it?
2. Go to wireframe module and use Contected line segments
3. Choose different position to catch different points to draw the line.We can Right click to turn on Snap pick so that we can create leader line(While it visible you can move in any direction and that segment will "snap" alone the axis. If you do not wish that segment to "snap" just pause until the small brown box icon goes away than move the cursor. It will now be free to pick any point.
4. Using Mirror command then we get this 3d profile. The next step what we want to do is creating the fillet:
5. In ZW3D if all fillet value is the same, we can use Fillet chain to crate it one time.
6. The final result, after that we can use Swept rod to create the pipes.
I think Snap pick and Fillet chain is really greate command to use for this case.
Message 2 of 4
Hi Guys, there are other ways.
Here is a fun one that is more meaningfull when routing around objects. e.g an exhaust in an engine bay, more complex things
Can be used with splines instead of segments too.Step one Sketch the plan view path and extrude this as a shape.
Then do another sketch in the elevation, you may add reference lines to make for concise corners.
Now extrude this a base shape. Make sure the shapes fully overlap.
Now using Wireframe mode, make curves using yjr Intersection Curves tool.
Now delete the shapes. Now, remove the unwanted curves - you might have choices! then fillet corners as you wish.
Then apply the rod tool to make the full pipe. Or you could now trim the lines to make space for flanges etc. which can be inserted and aligned.(not shown)
What's nice about this method is the ability to fine tune edit, dimension the changes etc, in a manageable way.
(First timer with the picture on the post - might not get it right out of the box)OK - I fluffed it. What is a BATH Upload??? And what is the correct process for adding pics.?(New thread...perhaps) Permanent HELP for Forum even better.
File is Z3 2012:o
GL_3DPipePathDemo_Mar2012.zip (69.74 KB)
Message 3 of 4
Message 4 of 4
- free cad download
- autocad 2012 product key
- free dwf viewer for mac
- 3d modeling website
- cad design software
- 3d ds
- how to convert a bak file to dwg
- How to draw elbow in autocad
- 3d design software free download
- 3d home design dwg files
- 2d drawing to 3d model
- how to find area in autocad
- How to Extend Objects in AUTOCAD
- zw3d 2013 crack
- free 3d cam software