Pick problem

Markus

Message 1 of 12

Pick problem
06-07-2004 04:17 . am | View his/her posts only
I have problems to pick entities if I work with the button F2 on the keyboard.
It is possible to go round this problem?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 12

06-07-2004 10:52 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Homer

If I can figure out a solution to your problem, can I have your autograph?

Your symptoms are very strange, the F2 button should not have any effect on entity pick. Are you sure your F2 key is working properly? It could be faulty. What version of Windows are you on? What VX version are you using?

Try this in the VX configuration:

Go to UtilitesConfiguration and pick the "Display" tab. See the field for 3D Input device? Set that value to "None", then click on OK. Did that help? If not, save your file, then go back to the Configuration form. Pick the "Display" tab again. Tick the "Software OpenGL" option, then click on OK. For this option, VX has to re-boot. Did that help?

Markus

Message 3 of 12

07-07-2004 10:59 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer and I hope you can see now my autograph
but your tips do not help.

Homer

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 12

07-07-2004 06:39 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi again Homer

Well, certainly is an unusual problem. You have not given details of your OS or VX version. Lots of questions that may help us discover the cause:

Can you give more detail about the pick difficulty? Are some entities impossible to pick unless, say, you re-start VX?

Are we talking Model (Part or Assembly object?), Sketcher, 2D Layout or CAM (or all)?

If you dynamic pan/zoom/rotate by clicking the icon instead of holding the F2 key, is picking OK?

Do you get the same problems with the F3 key?

Are you running another program at the same time as VX that also uses the F buttons? If so, the programs may conflict - if you shut-down all programs (including VX), then re-launch VX as the only program running, does the problem still occur?

Markus

Message 5 of 12

08-07-2004 04:15 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi

I forgot it to write more information about the OS and VX version.

I am working with XP prof and VX 9.xx and it runs only MS outlook and MS access at the same time as VX.
The problem starts if I work with an other program or not.
The most problems I have in the drafter.

If I work a longer time then I will see the F2 button needs a long time to react.
I click the F2-key but I do not see the dynamic view symbol. At this point in time
I will have highlight and pick problems.

Homer

Mike

Message 6 of 12

08-07-2004 04:11 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Homer,

How are Marge and the kids?
If you are using 9.61, I believe an F2 problem did creep in there. It is already fixed in 10.0.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 7 of 12

08-07-2004 06:04 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi again Homer

Interesting! I am sorry you have been hit by this problem; it must be driving you mad. Let's persevere with the diagnosis.

So, at first, F2 works ok but the problems occur after you have been working for a while. If you don't use F2, the pick problem does not occur, right? I'm wondering if you have a graphics memory buffer problem, where the memory is not "released" after use and thus things get tangled as less memory space is available. I have not had any reports of v9 F2 button problems here in sunny Europe, so clearly a unique set of circumstances has to be true for the problem to occur. It could be a VX bug. It could be a hardware problem. We have established that it is not a conflict between applications, so let's take a look at the hardware set-up:

1) What is the make and exact model of your graphics card?

2) What is the version number of your graphics driver?

3) Have you always experienced the F2 problem with VX on this PC? If not, was an upgrade from a previous VX version the only change on your PC or has the hardware/graphics card/graphics driver changed?

Markus

Message 8 of 12

02-08-2004 05:54 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris, Hi Mike,

Thanks fine, thank you for your interesting.

I think this is not a hardware problem. We test it on several PC's.
Snoopy have the same problem, he works with a new PC and a NVIDEA Quattro4 580xGL graphics.

I will take a look at the 10 release. If still the problem available, I report back.

Thank's both of you!!!

Homer

ChrisWard2k2

Message 9 of 12

03-08-2004 03:11 . pm | View his/her posts only
OK Homer, waiting for your v10 tests - I was really surprised to learn that the problem was on several PCs. I assume that they all have different hardware specs. If the problem persists in v10, it would help us a lot if you could record exactly when the problem manifests from first launch of VX and working on a new file.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 10 of 12

15-09-2004 12:28 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Homer

Has the problem continued in VX v10.11?

Markus

Message 11 of 12

21-09-2004 02:55 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris, hi Mike

That will do a long time to test it but the first test indicates that the problem isn't available in vx10.11.
I will send to you a new message if the problem continues available.

Thank you for your help.

Homer

ChrisWard2k2

Message 12 of 12

21-09-2004 11:47 . am | View his/her posts only
So far so good
See also