ZWCAD+ Feedback: doesn't support MENUBAR, unable to encrypt lisp
Message 1 of 30
Message 2 of 30
Message 3 of 30
Message 4 of 30
Message 5 of 30
Message 6 of 30
Message 7 of 30
i can't find any e-mail to send my feedback on ZWCAD+ 2012 Beta, so I will post it here.
I used it for some hours and i'm positively surprised with new features and options. Color books bug and true type font quality fixed, tool palletes with LOT of new options, great job!
And now...it has a LOT of bugs! Too much for a beta, I would say that this is some pre-alpha :-). I hope you will manage to fix them before release.
My test system is a virtual Windows XP 32 bit SP3. ZWCAD+ 2012 is 2012.06.15 (2580).
1. ZWCAD+ 2012 crashes a lot, without any obvious reason, it just does. Can't be reproduced because it seams random. Just click on something and that's it sometimes.
2. Standard font is Arial for some reason, it should and must be txt.shx. Don't change something that's known for 15 years .
3. Tool palletes are great, but ZWCAD+ 2012 can't stand if I delete some of "default" palletes like Modify or Electrical. If I delete them, ZWCAD+ will on the next start try to reinstall them. I don't need these palletes, I create my own and they are just in my way.
4. There is no way to disable the annoying DYN feature. I and many other users expect my commands to be written in commands bar, and not in some random place on screen. Please bring back option to disable DYN.
5. There is no way to customize toolbars or icons on the ribbon. This is a HUGE step back because I don't know any person that hasn't got some custom menu, custom toolbar or just custom icon (command) placement in some existing toolbar. Command customize open just a menu to customize tool palletes. There should be a option to customize or add custom buttons to the ribbon.
6. I'm glad that almost all the annoying virual printers are gone . Hope that it will stay that way. The EPS plotter (or any other virual plotters that you will pack in there without any way to remove them) should also be disableable from Options/Plot.
Message 8 of 30
Nice to meet you! and thanks very much for all your opinion upon ZWCAD+ Beta.
I have to admit that this beta version is not so stable enough yet, but we are all working hard on it. In fact, ZWCAD+ Beta will generate Crash Report automatically when such problems occurred, you can click the "Send" button to send the report to us, which can be very helpful to solve such problems. If you didn't send them at the moment, you can also find all the crash report files in "C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\Application Data\CrashReport", you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance!
To turn off DYN function, you can change the system variable ZWCMDLINE to 0. Later we will put a button on status bar to control this variable directly.
About the txt.shx font we will consider more other user's opinion to make a final decision, whether to use Arial for default or switch back to txt.shx.
About the Customize function, we will try to finish it in official release.
For the virtual plotters, heh, I think different user has different attitude. Some users need them a lot, so they may want them to be here as default, some others seldom use them, so they prefer to hide them in the list. Anyway, user can still use "Add new plotters" to get all the virtual plotters (PDF, JPG, PNG...) at the moment.
Thank you again and wish you a good experience with ZWCAD+!
Message 9 of 30
Message 10 of 30
Message 11 of 30
Message 12 of 30
I will try to send you these error reports by mail these days. I tried to send it automaticaly, but I returned some error. I will write you what error occures when I try that again later.
DYN - ok, great, at least a alternative way to disable it :)
txt.shx/Arial - if other users want Arial - OK, it's no big deal to edit the Acadiso.dwt :)
Virtual plotters - it would be nice if there would be some list where users could enable and disable them. It's not very handy when you have 3-4 "real" printers, 3-4 "real" printer configurations (like draft or best quality) and then all the virtual printers mixed between them :).
The customize - please try to make that, at least for "classic" look.
Message 13 of 30
1. If you are an icon user on Autocad, there’s a bit of adjustment because the feature toolbars are different from zwcad & autocad. Perhaps it is a matter of getting used to it.
2. The toolbars can’t be customized.
3. When editing Dimension Text it appears in a weird format (very small text you see on screen not the actual text height)
3. Changing views from model to paper space seems a little bit slow. It takes few seconds to come out. (I’ve noticed this happen only when you first open the file but later on it’s seems ok.
4. Hatch patten is limited to a certain scale only. Even if you changed the scale it appears in small scale.
5. Hatch pattern in Zwcad is more powerful than this. For example, you can match any hatch pattern from autcad & zwcad w/o having problem.
6. Smart mouse setting is not working or maybe I don’t know how to use it. (or maybe you need special mouse to activate- this needs to be clarified)
7. There is a graphic preview problem in model and paper space with solid hatch pattern.
8. When printing an UNKNOWN ERROR CODE 33 appears. Maybe due to Beta version but you can still print – this was a problem yesterday but seems ok today.
9. Copying an existing viewports on paperspace is not working.
In general, on a postive note quite faster and looks ok for me if you know more about it I guess. Need time to explore. I’m still using it for now.
Message 14 of 30
Message 15 of 30
About missind Dynmode in ZWCAD+2012.
thousand of experienced CAD users expect to write directly shortcuts on the command line
when using keyboard. Extra click in a dialog box in the drawing area makes the work irritating slow.
You have make a variabel to turn off dyn box.
Message 16 of 30
Message 17 of 30
Message 18 of 30
Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback.
2. Will be implemented later
3-1. Confirmed as not user-friendly, will be improved
3-2.Maybe a little slow when dealing with large drawings, but I think generally it is better than before
4. Not reproduced,either. Changing scale is working well both when creating hatch and changing in properties box later.
6. Did you check the "Enable SmartMouse Function" in the setting dialogbox? Here is also a video for your reference: SmartMouse & Ribbon Video on YouTube
7. Need to be clarified. We didn't reproduce any problem.
9. Not reproduced,either. Copying viewports is working well in layout.
Message 19 of 30
Message 20 of 30
If you want to switch to the classic UI with top menu, you can click the small triangle button on the bottom-right corner and select "Classic\Ribbon", then restart your ZWCAD+ to enter classic interface. Thank you.
Message 21 of 30
2. Implemented later? When later? :-O
PLEASE resolve this problem before releasing ZWCAD+, at least for the classic style!
You had everything needed in ZWCAD 2012, for classic style, just bring it back :).
ZWCAD is almost unusable for me without that option. I have few lisps that I use everyday, and I make for them their own menus and toolbars with all options, and that works in Autocad and ZWCAD 2012. I believe that I'm not the only one who uses custom toolbars and menus.
It would really be pain in the ass to write these commands in command line for every line I need to draw :).
Message 22 of 30
I see, please don't worry. Just now I have confirmed that the development of CUSTOMIZE command (for classic interface) has already been finished, and will be presented in official release, let's looking forward to it!:lol
Message 23 of 30
Message 24 of 30
Next are my first notes about it.
1) what the path you have in mind (is it source or destination?), when setup writes:
C:\Program Files\ZWCAD+ 2012
My request to change it (to shorter path) was ignored (ZWCAD+ was installed into the "Program Files")
2) Setup was finished "successfully", but there was an error in the system log:
"Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Program Files\ZWCAD+ 2012\VBA6\vba6en.msi"
I see, there is no vba6en.msi there, but only vba6.msi.
So, should I rename it to vba6en.msi and run again (for finishing of installation tasks) ?
3) Sometimes install(deinstall)-procedure makes PC to RESTART, NOT ASKING me for permission.
4) Where are all colored icons near tools in the main-menu,(which you made hidden in the "top-right")?
5) Options: is the path "temporary file search path" the same path to autosave drawing files?
6) Options: In Windows-7: some distortion in Profiles-tab (see pls "ZC+_at_W7_profiles.jpg")
7) why every start of ZW+ needs some tuning("Please wait while windows configuring ZWCAD+...")?
8) when I made an attempt to attach my toolbars and restarted ZWCAD+, then I saw that my panels (toolbars) were disappeared as well as icons on ToolPalettes, plus I saw strange behaviour of Palettes (see pls "Z+_palettes-after_menuload.jpg")
9) Is there a possibility, that (in ZWCAD+) we could use RIBBON+CLASSIC simultaneously? (i.e. new ribbon main panels + old classic custom toolbars) ?
sorry, I dont know how to place my jpg-s here... ))
Message 25 of 30
Message 26 of 30
Hello, here are some response to your doubts:
1. The installation procedure includes TWO steps: first, run the EXE installer, it will unzip/release the actual installation files to a certain path. second, after unzipping, it will auto start the actual installation, in which you need to specify the path again, and this is the real path where the ZWCAD+ will be installed.
2.You may just run the VBA6.msi directly by yourself.
3.We never met this problem. You said "sometimes", so when will this happen?
4.Icons is not added yet.
5.Not the same. Autosave file is in the same path where your current file is.
7.It seems to related with the Administrator account. May I know what account you used to install and use ZWCAD+.
9.In Ribbon interface, you can use -TOOLBAR command to show certain toolbars, but the problem is after you restart ZWCAD+ the toolbar will be hidden again.
All the screenshots you can sent to my email: email@example.com
Message 27 of 30
Is the new ZWCAD+ 2012 more compatible with Windows 7 64bit then older versions of ZWCAD? I remember some complaints on this forum regarding functionality of zwcad on 64 bit Windows 7, and I'm getting a new PC in a few weeks, so that I know what OS to install.
Will there be a second beta, maybe?
Is there a planned date to release ZWCAD+?
Message 28 of 30
Reply 28# filipv8882
Hi, ZWCAD+ next objective is to release a 64bit version for such kind of OS, but it is a plan for next version. Anyway, in our internal testing, ZWCAD+ 2012 works well with 64bit system, we didn't find any problem that specifically related to 64bit system.
And generally speaking, there will not be a second beta, cause the estimated official release date of English version is on July, 16th. Other language version release date varies in next two or three month, which depends on local market situation.
Message 29 of 30
Message 30 of 30
There's seem to be a problem with fonts in ZWCAD+. I'm using "romans.shx" font in my AutoCAD, but when I try to edit MText in ZWCAD+ only first letters appear - rest of them is invisible. (first screen)
What's more interesting - when I create MText with the same text style as in AutoCAD everything is fine (text is visible in editor). (second screen)
When I manualy change font to RomanS in ZWCAD everything is fine (except text is slightly different). (third screen)
EDIT (2012-07-04): I've uploaded screenshots to other server.
- cad corner blocks
- where do the roll or fold lines go on sheet metal drawings
- How to draw elbow in autocad
- DWG to DXF
- how to make cross section in autocad
- autocad moving objects
- dgn autocad
- zwcad 2011 torrent
- 3d modeling website
- free 3d cam software
- 3D CAD/CAM Design Software
- mechanical design software free download
- where does autocad save to on windows 7
- 2d drawing to 3d model
- How to Extend Objects in AUTOCAD