CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Background image onto a Drawing Sheet

Background image onto a Drawing Sheet

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 1 of 8

Background image onto a Drawing Sheet
08-07-2012 06:54 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Everyone,
My name is Matt and this is my first post. I am a self taught user and consider my knowledge reasonable but admit i have so much to learn.

Recently the company i am employed at upgraded from VX to ZW3D. I thought this would be a perfect time to update our drawing sheets to a more modern/professional design. I opened the templates tab, enabled templates to be edited, started a new drawing sheet and designed it to a point i was really happy with. I inserted a small company logo in the bottom left corner. All no problems. I wanted to have a large company logo which was almost transparent as the back ground image to all our sheets. I clicked the "insert" tab then clicked "insert image symbol." I chose the transparent logo (which i created in a picture editing program) and sized it and positioned it in a way i was happy with. Saved the template, all seemed to have no problems.

Now, i made a quick part so i could do a test drawing sheet to see how it all looks. My problem is this: when i lay the part out over the background image the sections of the part which go over the image are lost behind my background logo. I cannot get the part layout "on top" of the image i lose it behind the image.

Any help anyone can offer to rectify this problem would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Colin

Manager

Message 2 of 8

09-07-2012 05:55 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi, Matthew

Thanks for your trust, ZW3D has been enhanced a lot, and I'm using ZW3D 2012 SP1 now, I could insert 1 MB JPG logo without any problem, I also check the printing result, it works pretty good. I did remember that ZW3D 2011 has this problem, and now it has been fixed. The following is the detailed step I insert the logo, please let me know if there is any difference with yours:
1) Go to the File
2) Choose one of the paper size, i.e. A0,
3) Insert the image by Dimension
4) After I create a new file and create any shape, I could generate the 2D sheet without the problem

If it doesn't work in your drawing, could you please send me the drawing to duplicate the problem, and then we could figure out the problem and fix it quickly

Best regards
Colin

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 8

10-07-2012 06:46 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks for the reply however i am not sure if you understand my problem. I will attach some images to describe better.

This first image is a rough sheet layout i made.

This second image shows the problem i am having where i try to layout a part on the sheet template but zw3d gives priority to the background image instead of the part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 4 of 8

10-07-2012 06:51 . am | View his/her posts only
The images are not coming up on my computer. I will add links to them here incase they are also not showing on your computer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattyvdv/7539017412/in/photostream
This is thew rough design i want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattyvdv/7539017180/in/photostream/
This shows the problems i am having.

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 5 of 8

10-07-2012 07:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Also, i am using zw3d 2012 latest version.

Colin

Manager

Message 6 of 8

10-07-2012 11:37 . am | View his/her posts only
http://youtu.be/jQnPBLifAwo

I could add the image to the background and show it correctly, and I record a small YOUTU video. If you draiwng is still not working, I apprecaite that if you send it to zw3d@zwsoft.com, which will help us to figure it out. By the way, if your drawing include any confidential information, please delete it before it is sent.

Best regards
Colin

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 7 of 8

10-07-2012 06:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thank you for taking the time to make a video! It appears as though the best way to do it would be to make the image translucent in ZW rather than in a external picture editing program. The steps you did are identical to mine. I have now got it to a point i am happy with.

Once again thanks for your help.

Paul

Message 8 of 8

19-07-2012 07:58 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Matthew,
when you print out the drawing do you get the high definition 'plot style' (to PDF, printer etc) or a screen shot jpg?
Cheers
Paul
See also