CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > How to set properties for curve lines and straight lines

How to set properties for curve lines and straight lines

Profcad

Message 1 of 3

How to set properties for curve lines and straight lines
11-07-2012 05:59 . pm | View his/her posts only
Guys,i got some query here:
[font=Comic Sans MS]I draw a curved line and would like it to remain as a curved line even after saving the file. However everytime after saving, and opening the file again, the curve breaks into many line segments, which is not what I want! I want the curved line that I draw to remain as a curved line even after saving and opening. How do I do that?

Profcad

Message 2 of 3

17-07-2012 09:52 . am | View his/her posts only
Have you already tried resetting VIEWRES to a higher value such as 2000 or even 5000?

ravier

Message 3 of 3

17-07-2012 09:59 . am | View his/her posts only
set SHADEMODE to 2D
Your display is a rectangular grid of dots that change color. What you are seeing is probably a failure of the graphics system to draw a curve. To cut corners (literally), the video processor will break a curve into several straight segments. At a distance it looks like a curve, and as far as ZWCAD is concerned it is a curve. Setting VIEWRES to a higher number forces the display to increase the resolution, which cuts down on these choppy curves.

Technically, if you're not using raster graphics, every curve is drawn as a sequence of shorter segments. These segments may be only one pixel long, but they're still approximations.
See also