CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Ability to turn preview on or off

Ability to turn preview on or off

David

Message 1 of 2

Ability to turn preview on or off
11-07-2012 07:28 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi all
First post in the new ZW3D forum....previously posted a few times in the old VX forum.

Just a comment, I am still using ZW3D 2011 and am finding it frustrating and slow when the package constantly tries to work out a preview of the action you are trying to perform i.e. offset face. Would be nice to have an option to turn previews on or off.

Choice is good!

Thanks

David

Colin

Manager

Message 2 of 2

12-07-2012 08:40 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi, David

If you are using ZW3D 2011, please make sure that you are using the SP2, which enhance a lot in performance, up-to ten times faster.

There is no option to turn the preview on or off, currently, the performance is similar weather you turn it on or off, we have tested it in kinds of cases. In ZW3D 2011, the preview slow down the performance when the file is large (1G or more), and now it has been fixed in ZW3D 2012, which has the same mechanism for preview.

Please try ZW3D 2012 SP1, if the performance of your file is not working as expected, it should be the problem of the preview switch, I appreciate that if you could send the file for us to figure out and fix it.

By the way, no matter you are using ZW3D 2011 or ZW3D 2012, please make sure that you are using the latest graphic driver, as ZW3D 2011 or ZW3D 2012 use more advanced API of the graphic card.

Best regards
Colin
See also