CAD software discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > Custom Wetlands Hatch, custom hatch patterns

Custom Wetlands Hatch, custom hatch patterns

TroutKing

Message 1 of 2

Custom Wetlands Hatch, custom hatch patterns
20-07-2012 02:01 . pm | View his/her posts only
I'm currently having a great deal of difficulty creating a custom wetlands hatch pattern. I've a couple goals in this endeavor, not the least of which is to unitize the hatch parameters so that scaling can be calculated in relation to text size for different drawings (i.e. I don't want the drafters to have to scale a hatch to 2.69x text size when a bit of care during creation could make that a round number like 3x text size).

Anyways, ontothe intent. Essentially I want the pattern to appear similar to the grasspattern, but with 3 lines immediately underneath it, halved in size each timeto indicate water. This is the code I've used for those lines:
0, 0, 0, 2.25,2.5, 0.5, -4.50
0, 0.125, -0.1, 2.25, 2.5, 0.25, -4.75
0, 0.1875, -0.2, 2.25, 2.5, 0.125, -4.875

This actuallyworks out rather well and near to my intent, however, I was hoping the lineswould be aligned in an even criss-cross pattern and I'm not sure what the erroris in the code to fix this (see attachment). Furthermore, I'm having a lot ofdifficulty getting the first line for the grass pattern to actually be centeredon the water lines. This is the code I currently have for that, but as you cansee from the attachment, it's offset:
90, 0, 0, 0,2.5, 0.5, -4.50

The green linesin the second attachment are what I wanted the pattern to end up looking like.Does anyone have any thoughts on where my error is? I've been stuck trying tofigure out for 2 days now.

Thanks!

robhowell

Message 2 of 2

20-07-2012 02:35 . pm | View his/her posts only
Here you go if you want to use it as is or adjust the code to your preference. See the help under Customization if you need additional help. Rename the file to Wetlands.pat to use.
See also