CAD software discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Free Program for Total CNC run time DD:HH:MM:SS UPDATED TO v2!

Free Program for Total CNC run time DD:HH:MM:SS UPDATED TO v2!

ChrisWard2k2

Message 1 of 5

Free Program for Total CNC run time DD:HH:MM:SS UPDATED TO v2!
05-11-2004 06:04 . am | View his/her posts only
Report total CNC run time

A program that extracts the CNC times for all Operations from the Ops output file, and displays the total CNC run time.

Available from the VX Free Downloads page:

FREE DOWNLOADS

Aaron

Message 2 of 5

10-11-2004 02:26 . pm | View his/her posts only
I think I installed this macro correctly, but the CNC shows up as all zero's. See the attached .jpg What am I forgetting to do?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 5

10-11-2004 03:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Aaron

Sorry you have been hit by this problem. It is not you, VX has a tiny bug. If you have either a (Toolpath calculated) Peck drilling op or a QM 2D Engrave op in your CAM Plan, VX is unable to produce an Operation List. Thus, there is no data for the macro to calculate.

You can suppress these op types (Organize Tab on the CAM Output Form) to allow the time to be calculated for the other ops in your CAM plan.

If the macro still fails to deliver results, or you do not have Peck drilling/2D Engrave ops, perhaps you have found a third op type that stunts the Operation List. If this is so, I would like to have your file for testing.

Aaron

Message 4 of 5

10-11-2004 04:02 . pm | View his/her posts only
I already have this file on the VX FTP site under public. I put it there for Jim Mcdonald to look at 2 other issues I was needing help on. The name is B3362DACPLookAt.VX. I do not have either of those operations in this CAM plan.

Thanks

ChrisWard2k2

Message 5 of 5

11-11-2004 03:32 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Aaron

I downloaded your file but needn't have - should have looked more closely at your screenshot

Your output file name has periods (metacharacters) in it: "BotDie.1_BotStock.2".

The Windows name for the file would be "BotDie.1_BotStock.2.op". The file name is created on your drive, but no data gets saved to it. This is because the data write sees everything before the first period as being the file name, and everything after the first period as being the file ext. This is standard Windows notation, rules which can often be broken without problems, but it is safer not to break them. I noticed also that your File is well managed, but objects do have metacharacters in them. Please see my thread in the General Discussions forum.

CamTime will also fail if the VX Output Form is not on screen (or at least, has not been on screen during the current work).

So, I have updated CamTime to test for these conditions, plus problem ops mentioned before. CamTime now writes it's own op file. Please download the new version.

FREE DOWNLOADS

See also