CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > Switch between RIBBON and CLASSIC menu, autocad turn off ribbon, disable ribbon

Switch between RIBBON and CLASSIC menu, autocad turn off ribbon, disable ribbon

Matej

Message 1 of 6

Switch between RIBBON and CLASSIC menu, autocad turn off ribbon, disable ribbon
10-08-2012 11:47 . pm | View his/her posts only
AutoCAD support ribbon but I would like to let autocad turn off ribbon, disable ribbon and go back classic menu, ZWCAD+ 2012 seems to me like a good job. But I´m missing some functions of older versions like multileader, parametric drawing... I just played with couple of seconds.
Is it possible to switch after installation between RIBBON and CLASSIC mode of ZWCAD+2012 ? I´m also missing the bottom bar where you can choose to turn ON/OF the SNAP, GRID, ORTHO and so on.

Filip

Message 2 of 6

11-08-2012 12:48 . am | View his/her posts only
Some features are missing because Zwcad+ has been written from begining and it's not Intellicad based, so they probably "forgot" some options and they will be added later.

In the bottom right corner of Zwcad+ window there is a down-looking arrow that you click and there you can switch between Classic and Ribbon, and turn on elements on the bottom bar.

DYN is missing from the bottom bar, and it's replaced with the command zwcmdline

zwcmdline value 1 -> DYN on
zwcmdline value 0 -> DYN off

David

Message 3 of 6

13-08-2012 11:26 . am | View his/her posts only
There are three ways you can use to switch between Ribbon and Classic interface in ZWCAD+.
The First one:
As filipv8882 said:

In the bottom right corner of Zwcad+ window there is a down-looking arrow that you click and there you can switch between Classic and Ribbon, and turn on elements on the bottom bar.

The Second:
You can also set Ribbon or Classic interface as your default style via registry: Please set the value of key [Ribbon] to 1(means Ribbon) or 0(means Classic) in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZWSoft\ZWCAD\2012\en-US\Profiles\Default\Config ] in your registry. Please notice that en-US means the language of your ZWCAD+, it will change according to your ZWCAD+ language.

The Third: you can select Ribbon or Classic as your default interface when you are installing ZWCAD+.

bigbro9297

Message 4 of 6

17-08-2012 09:27 . am | View his/her posts only
Reply 3# lzy4592

how to get to registry?

Daniel

Message 5 of 6

17-08-2012 10:05 . am | View his/her posts only
press Win + R,and type "REGEDIT", then run

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 6 of 6

27-09-2013 02:36 . pm | View his/her posts only
hi all, in ZWCAD+ 2014, you can switch off ribbon menu by the button from bottom right corner.
You can download ZWCAD+ from here: http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad/ZWCAD_Overview/

autocad switch off ribbon, zwcad+ classic and ribbon

ribbon-classic.jpg
2013-9-27 14:35
See also