Test your surfacing modeling ability !! -Subject: Creating connect surface
Message 1 of 13
1. Using ZW3D, keep operation history in the final result
2. The connect surface should achieve G2 ccontinuity at least.
3. Please attached your final z3. file
4. Please paste one image in the your post at least
5. It would be better if you can share your design thinking together
Welcome to do this test subject and challenge each others ! The best one can get more Forum Rank.
The original model as show as below
The final model shoub be as show as below
The original Z3 file (2011)
Connect surface-original.rar (60.56 KB)
Message 2 of 13
Message 3 of 13
Message 4 of 13
Message 5 of 13
Hi Bottlecad, the special method you use to create it, The quality looks good, but if you change to wireframe mode, you will found that, the original surface has been pull away and make a gaps there. Because you use the "Match tangency" command.
Message 6 of 13
I like to stretch my imagination a little so the model reflects this warped sense...
GL_Connect_surface_14Sep2012.zip (508.57 KB)
Cheers . .
Message 7 of 13
Now the surfacing model has achieved G1, for free design product, there is no any problem.
But if we need a smooth surfacing and through the specify profiles, we can think about another ways. Loft is too free and hard to control the inner shape.
Message 8 of 13
Message 9 of 13
Message 10 of 13
You should note that prior to the pull tangency command the edges were fine. I only did it to reduce the continuity error. The software I use on a daily basis would only alter the connecting edge.
Message 11 of 13
Hi Bottlecad, now the surface quality has achieved to G1, and using "Fillet open face" is really good command to create the connecte surface bettween two major surfaces. Would you like to try create the G2 continuity ?:lol
Message 12 of 13
Message 13 of 13
- convert microstation to autocad
- 3D Software Download
- buy solidworks 2009
- drawing a gear in autocad
- freecad download
- sketchup import dwg
- create an arrow in AutoCAD
- how to find backup files in autocad
- autocad 2010 serial number
- 3d cad free software
- cad free download
- how to measure area in autocad
- skp to dwg
- zwcad 2009 professional
- 3d design software free download