CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > 64bit - CUDA and beyond...

64bit - CUDA and beyond...

Paul

Message 1 of 3

64bit - CUDA and beyond...
15-09-2012 12:26 . pm | View his/her posts only
I understand 64 bit is coming ready or not.
I am wondering if CUDA is being considered/re considered for ZW3D or are there reasons why not?
CUDA seems to have particular appeal in the CAM side of things and utilises existing hardware.
My teens use Sony Vegas Video Editing and it makes good use of CUDA when rendering final output.

CUDA would mean real benefit for CAM user that had paid up for Quadro graphics and Tesla would offer even more results.

For those not familiar, look up CUDA on wikipedia.

Cheers

rus

Message 2 of 3

17-09-2012 05:09 . pm | View his/her posts only
I understand 64 bit is coming ready or not.
I am wondering if CUDA is being considered/re considere ...
mudcrab Post at 2012-9-15 12:26

discussed in this topic

Colin

Manager

Message 3 of 3

19-09-2012 10:06 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi, Paul

Thanks for posting this topic, in my own opinion, CUDA is part of the capability of Nvidia. Generally speaking, with more advanced capability of the GPU, it will boost the graphic performance.

Besides, there are more and more advanced OpenGL capabilities, which is much more easier for CAD/CAM software to booth the performance.

I think CUDA is the good technology, but we must wait until we see more potentials and results in the CAD/CAM world.

Currently, for ZW3D, I believe that we can get more benefits from OpenGL. For the CAM side, 64bit is what we are working to support big file. With the upgrade of Machineworks, it will also boost the Solid Verification.

Best regards
Colin
See also