CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > autocad to zwcad, autocad vs zwcad

autocad to zwcad, autocad vs zwcad

rapidozoo3174

Message 1 of 3

autocad to zwcad, autocad vs zwcad
03-11-2012 10:59 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi

For my job, I looking for buying ZWCAD to replace our Autocad. We work only in 2D. Last week I tested ZWCAD and I'am very impress. We have some user on Windows xp 32 bit, and some on Windows 7 64bit.

I have made lot of vb.net add-on for Autocad ( 2008 to 2008) . Like inserting block, changing block attribut, batch plot, userform to select option...

My question is, can I easely transfert my add-on to ZWCAD? I have made DLL file with Visual Studio ( Vb.net ).

Also, before migrate to ZWCAD, I looking for a tutorial to use a API of ZWCAD.

Thak's in advance

Amanda

Message 2 of 3

12-11-2012 03:35 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello,

I'm glad to hear that you are interested in ZWCAD+

To your question, my answer is definitely sure, for VB routines, you just need to follow few tips as below:
1、 Copy all codes from AutoCAD to ZWCAD+
PS: if your VBA contains Classes, modules or forms, please export it in AutoCAD and then import to ZWCAD+
2、 Change entities type from AcadXXX to ZcadXXX, for example, AcadLayer --> ZcadLayer, IAcadLWPolyline-->IZcadLWPolyline
3、 Change colorindex from ac to zc, for example acRed --> zcRed
4、 Change the type of color entity from AcadAcCmColor to ZcadZcCmColor.
5、 Change the declaration of index macro from acXXX to zcXXX, such as acRed-->zcRed. But please keep the Objectname, such as AcDbLine and so on.
6、 Doesn’t support thisdrawing.application.preference.
7、 AcadApplication.GetInterfaceObject("AutoCAD.AcCmColor.16") --> ZcadApplication.GetInterfaceObject("ZWCAD.ZcCmColor ")

Amanda

Message 3 of 3

12-11-2012 03:42 . pm | View his/her posts only
PS: few weeks later, ZWCAD+ 2012 SP1 will publicly release, and the VBA Help for developers will be added to the Help
See also