CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Zwcad+ Tool Palettes for users

Zwcad+ Tool Palettes for users

Sven

Message 1 of 3

Zwcad+ Tool Palettes for users
06-11-2012 11:29 . pm | View his/her posts only
I have installed Zwcad+ 2012 on two workstations and the default tool palettes are empty. This issue seems to be isolated to users whom do not have administrator privileges on the domain, even though they are power users of their local machines and have been granted full access rights to zwcad program folders. I also tried an export from a working admin machine but the import function does not import the thumbnails which seems to be a bug as well.

Amanda

Message 2 of 3

08-11-2012 04:38 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Sven,

for some reasons which is not only related with Toolpalettes, we suggest users install ZWCAD+ with administrator privileges. otherwise, some resources can not be properly placed or visited by common users, for example the thumbnails.

Thank you!

Amanda

Sven

Message 3 of 3

08-11-2012 11:13 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thank you for your response Amanda, yes the user is an administrator of their local machine, but I cannot make my users Domain Admins. This will be an issue for any firm with a domain as any user that logs on to a machine will have to be made admin of that machine and the program installed for each user of that machine. Hopefully Zwsoft will implement a workaround.
See also