Modifying Posts

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 8

Modifying Posts
03-03-2005 05:52 . pm | View his/her posts only
I'm trying to modify the post processor's output but I'm not having much luck at using th e modified files.

I've modified the Flexpost fanuc10.fp configuration file and saved it in the same directory under a new name. That said, the new cofiguration does not appear on
the configuration # list.

I've also used the vx post modification program to create a new post processor. Again, I am unable to access the new file.

What am I doing wrong? There is very little information in the help files for both VX and vxpostm.

Thanks
Joe

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 8

04-03-2005 03:11 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Joe

Well, you are almost there

There are a few simple bits of file management to do. Firstly, rather than add files to the main VX install folder (which will be overwritten if you re-install or upgrade), go to your User Folder and make two new folders there:- cam_config and output_def Make sure you name them exactly as shown.

When you launch VX, it will check your User Folder first. Any folders and files in your User Folder take presidence over the standard installation files.

OK, move the .fp you have created to your new User output_def folder. There are by the way, a number of other output definition files that you can edit to get exactly the right codes and syntax for your CNC controller.

Back to the main VX install folders, copy the file PostProcConfig from the cam_config folder into your new User cam_config folder.

Edit your copy of PostProcConfig. Add the name of your .fp file, in the same style as the other lines present. In the example below, mine is called "MyFanuc":

VX_FANUC:VX_FANUC
VX_HAAS:VX_HAAS
VX_SIEMENS:VX_SIEMENS
VX_HURCO:VX_HURCO
VX_FADAL:VX_FADAL
fanuc10:Fanuc10
MyFanuc:MyFanuc

Note that the file ext is not shown. The filename must be short too, as the drop-down list in VX is narrow (about 10 characters max).

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 8

08-03-2005 03:35 . pm | View his/her posts only
Chris,
thanks for the info, I'm about halfway to where I need to be. I need to modify some of the settings that flexpost uses particularly those in start_up.def and terminate.def.
How do I go about changing flexposts' configuration to use modified startup and termination parameters.

Thanks again
Joe

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 8

08-03-2005 05:26 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Joe

You do it in a similar way. Copy the .def files to your User Folder's output_def folder and then edit the .def files to suit your requirement. VX will use the files it finds there.

Robert

Message 5 of 8

09-03-2005 09:46 . am | View his/her posts only
Chris,

We designed the posts listed in this thread for the new VX Post not for Flexpost.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 6 of 8

09-03-2005 02:40 . pm | View his/her posts only
....the thread is about FlexPost

Robert

Message 7 of 8

10-03-2005 12:45 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,

I recognize that the thread is about Flexpost... but

VX_FANUC:VX_FANUC
VX_HAAS:VX_HAAS
VX_SIEMENS:VX_SIEMENS
VX_HURCO:VX_HURCO
VX_FADAL:VX_FADAL

are all designed for VX Post.

Furthermore, we're anticipating replacing Flexpost with VX Post as soon as possible. We don't want 'em wasting effort on a product that we're going to shortly replace.

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 8

10-03-2005 03:12 . pm | View his/her posts only
You should get in touch with VX support - I know there's a new VX Post that has custom slots just for you to create new posts in and no editing of runpost.bat or output.def
See also