CAD/CAM discussion forum > ZW3D CAM > Some questions about CAM

Some questions about CAM

ZW3DUser

Message 1 of 30

Some questions about CAM
21-03-2013 03:26 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello ZWSOFT !

Today i tested the RELEASED version of ZW3D 2013 and i must see, you make it more and more worse !

I tested the manual lead mode, but that dont work !
Only line is a little acceptable, but arc alway is on the wrong side, whether i cut inside or outside.
I used angel positive and negative, a second lead will do nothing.
Second problem is the cutter compensation. ZW3D have many problems with that !
If i use this, ZW3D dont simulate the manual lead mode.
LeadMode.jpg
2013-3-21 03:08
LeadMode2.jpg
2013-3-21 03:09

The cutter starts on the same place, that be calculated automatic !

Other problems :
- 3D Simulation is slow, when i push stop, it will take a moment to stop
- If i use the Position window of 3D simulation, the X Y Z values are very slow, the simulation is faster then the numbers
- 3D simulation "step forward" DONT work ! It only step one forward, and thats it. I can push the step button, but the cutter will not move
- Restmill will not work correct. If i use cutter compensation i see a toolpath, but it will not be simulatet, not 3D not as toolpath.
- 2xspiralcut dont work correct (dont writ it here again)
- In operation parameter the simulation let me see only the actual operation, in 2012 i can simulate operations before or later...WHY you do that ?

Now for anything i want to do, i must klick the mouse more than in 2012 ! If i use an feature like profile, and i will insert it in an operation, in 2012 i klick in the operation -> featur and to the part-> and then the profile i want.
NOW i double klick of the operation -> feature, a window opens i klick the feature i klick OK.

Are here developer in this forum and read anything ?
WHY you release this version with this bugs ?
:@

EDIT :
Oh i see there is a startpoint in the middle of the part ! This was from an inside profile...i only changed the feature, but dont delete this.
But i tested this also with an inside profile and the manual lead mode dont work correct.

ZW3DUser

Message 2 of 30

21-03-2013 11:54 . pm | View his/her posts only
Yesterday i have not a good day to write postings ;)
SORRY for that !

The "more klicks" problem are not so big. There are some other new functions like "drag and drop" with features, so this is not a worsening !

Dont know why the simulation is so lazy. I have an older PC without OpenGL3.0
Is that the problem ?

I hope the error will be fixed fast.
I really LIKE ZW3D and i dont want an other program !
When you fix this two or three problems, it will be a great software !

Paul

Message 3 of 30

22-03-2013 05:17 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi User,
just some moral support. We all have bad days, especially when there a re big changes to how things happen. We just want ot get in there and make it happen. Then we hit a wall that we cannot see. I think this is always the case with new software.
Do we use help enough?
Is the Help good enough?
I dont do CAM so do not comment o that but in the CAD I went through the same experience. Tight now I agree with you that there are too many clicks everywhere.
However as users we need to feedback with how we want to work. S
So if you have process that you can see how to improve, post or send an email to ZW.
I hope it gets better as you get more familair.
Cheers - Paul

Tony_ZWSOFT

Message 4 of 30

22-03-2013 02:41 . pm | View his/her posts only
We will offer another way for users to define the lead in and lead out in ZW3D 2013.
For the manual method,according to the figure you attached, you have set the parameters in both First-Lead-In and Second-Lead-In menus.
The principle in here is that, if it wouldn’t cause any overcut movement tool-path in terms of the First-Lead-In options,
The options in Second-lead-In will be ignored, but some lead-in patterns will cause overcut, it will try to generate the lead-in tool-path according to the Second-Lead-In. If the overcut still happens, it will lift up to the safe plane directly.
we will continue to enhance it, and then intergrade the intelligent and manual methods.
If you found any problem, please let us know, it would be helpful for us and thank you in advance. ^-^

Tony Tan

Tony_ZWSOFT

Message 5 of 30

22-03-2013 02:42 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello, Danny
We will offer another way for users to define the lead in and lead out in ZW3D 2013.
For the manual method,according to the figure you attached, you have set the parameters in both First-Lead-In and Second-Lead-In menus.
The principle in here is that, if it wouldn’t cause any overcut movement tool-path in terms of the First-Lead-In options,
The options in Second-lead-In will be ignored, but some lead-in patterns will cause overcut, it will try to generate the lead-in tool-path according to the Second-Lead-In. If the overcut still happens, it will lift up to the safe plane directly.
we will continue to enhance it, and then intergrade the intelligent and manual methods.
If you found any problem, please let us know, it would be helpful for us and thank you in advance. ^-^

Tony Tan

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 6 of 30

24-03-2013 05:11 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Tony, you and your colleagues are always friendly and helpful and this is a great value . But you have to understand that not enough to say that will improve, new interface version new , but all the old problems plus a lot of new problems ,are moving away from this software because it is the annual fee is paid in confidence of improvements of operation nobody cares that the software has a beautiful dress if then slows down the daily work or makes it impossible.

Jon

Message 7 of 30

24-03-2013 05:39 . am | View his/her posts only
I've said it before. I'll say again. What's needed is a ZWSOFT CAD and CAM developer presence on this forum. I believe that these developers are most likely located in Florida.

ZWSOFT CAD and CAM developers spending an hour on this forum once a week directly dealing with frustrated ZW3D CAD and CAM users would make a big difference and inspire confidence and pride in ZW3D CADCAM users.

Jon Banquer
CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 8 of 30

24-03-2013 06:24 . am | View his/her posts only
If passing 1 hour a week to write enhancements of old problems would be already something! The competition is using the beta 2014 we have a 2013 that you may not use to work

Jon

Message 9 of 30

24-03-2013 07:11 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by JonBanquer at 2013-3-24 07:12

"If passing 1 hour a week to write enhancements of old problems would be already something!"

It would solve a lot of problems that have been mentioned here for at least the last year. There needs to be much better communication on this forum between users and ZWSOFT employees who actually create the source code for ZW3D... both CAD and CAM.

Until this happens there will be continued frustration on the part of those using ZW3D.

This is not a hard or expensive problem to solve if ZWSOFT wants to solve it.

Jon Banquer

chris

Assistant Engineer

Message 10 of 30

24-03-2013 09:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
My feelings are that no one is checking their work. I can understand when the problem is caused by a series of events but when an icon does not work? As in the equal length icon sketch constraints. Are changes made and no one actually tries to use them? Are the developers of the source code staging a protest?

Paul

Message 11 of 30

25-03-2013 04:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,
Yeap, sometime is very hard to know how software development is prioritised.
IMO - bugs, and non functions or obvious errors should always be ahead of new stuff, especially in service packs.

What would be good is for users to be informed about those obvious issues that will be included in the next SP, then we might get some confidence we are being listened to.

Seems to me that CAM and Sheet metal are two areas where it effort needs to be to get obvious issues sorted and Users need to know these are being worked on. This is called response, rather than repeating the 5 year plan ad nauseum.

Luckily we now have two ways of adding constraints. RMB Constraint Manager/add Equal works fine, just in case you hadn't seen it.Might even be a quicker way to do it!

Cheers - Paul

Mike

Assistant Engineer

Message 12 of 30

25-03-2013 04:52 . am | View his/her posts only
Old bugs are still there and some new ones. The constraints cover up the dimension in sketch. They really don't need to be that big. Picking a dimension is still a problem vertical or horizontal.There are many small bugs that really frustrate me. I use to turn them over to Mike Lynch. Only using 2012 because of not being able to save the file. Sorry I have work to get done.But I am still a big fan. We need Mike Lynch back so everyone can dump the bugs on him. Then he can see that they go to the right place.Hope you are listening.

chris

Assistant Engineer

Message 13 of 30

25-03-2013 02:01 . pm | View his/her posts only
totally agree with bringing Mike lynch back. He always came through

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 14 of 30

26-03-2013 01:12 . am | View his/her posts only
Reply 11# mudcrab

Hello ,Paul as you know i very fond, but it is not a complaint say that in 2013 you could write an encyclopedia of what is wrong, this even though i am a huge fans zw3d is puzzling, and it is not a solution circumvent the problems when there are so many and I can speak only of CAD, cam the used 8/h to understand that leaving lose there i earned (babylon traslator)

Jon

Message 15 of 30

26-03-2013 03:19 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by JonBanquer at 2013-3-26 03:21

"... as you know i very fond, but it is not a complaint say that in 2013 you could write an encyclopedia of what is wrong, this even though i am a huge fans zw3d is puzzling."

It's not puzzling to me.

VX had fallen way behind. In addition, lots of VX users who posted on the VX forum in the past were in denial about what was so wrong with VX in regards to both marketing and development.

It's going to take a lot more work on ZWSOFT's part to make ZW3D equal or better in many areas to other CADCAM programs. A lot of progress has been made on the user interface already. Very little progress is being made in other areas. An example of an area that's made very little progress would be 2.5 axis milling.

A better and more direct communication between users and ZWSOFT personnel creating the code for CAD and CAM is what I feel is now needed. This way users will feel they are getting the support and access to influence the development of both CAD and CAM for ZW3D that they deserve and that they are entitled to.

Jon Banquer

ZW3DUser

Message 16 of 30

26-03-2013 03:20 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by jansen1776 at 2013-3-26 03:26
can understand when the problem is caused by a series of events but when an icon does not work?

Its a little more than "a icon not work"
Restmill is a feature that be advertised. They are Webinars about it, so i think that must work !
The most problems are with compensation, side-finish-thick, and cuttdirection ccw / cw.
2xspirale works, but it dont work correct if u use "spirale->out" , "Step value" NOT 50%, radius compensation, an 16mm cuter and an profile with R32 (see my post Problem 2x spiral...) and u must use "Side-finish-thik"
Ok, a lot of settings, but i alway want radiusoffset, a side-finish-thick of 0.1mm or 0.2mm, and a Step-value of 20%-30%...than i get wery fast a problem.

And i think its not a big problem to fix that !
The other ways on 2xspiralcut like "step->out" are working.
But im a little angry when my supporter say "They will fix that" and then i read this is a problem since V14.x !!!

chris

Assistant Engineer

Message 17 of 30

26-03-2013 05:38 . am | View his/her posts only
sorry my comment about an icon not working was not to make problems not important. It was to point out that some very easy problems to spot are making it into the released version. That is all I meant.

ZW3DUser

Message 18 of 30

27-03-2013 12:46 . am | View his/her posts only
Ok i understand. My english i not so good, so it's a problem for me. Sometimes i use google to translate, but i think google's english are also not good ;)

Stefano

Assistant Engineer

Message 19 of 30

29-03-2013 12:04 . pm | View his/her posts only
1st i like ZW

2nd i'm using zw since rel. VX 11

3rd CAD is very very good.

4th translator not bad but there is a lot to do on Step and IGES file formats

5th 3D CAM very good.

6th 2D 2D1/2 CAM .... i hate it ! A lot of low cost CAM are better then ZW on that kind of jobs. I hope they are working on this !

I'm sure that ZW developers are working hard for us .....

Jon

Message 20 of 30

30-03-2013 01:29 . am | View his/her posts only
"2D 2D1/2 CAM .... i hate it ! A lot of low cost CAM are better then ZW on that kind of jobs. I hope they are working on this !"

Well said. I agree completely. This was a problem for many years with VX and what kept me away from using VX CAM. 2D CAM in VX never got the proper development that it should have gotten and it still hasn't gotten it with ZWSOFT.

Here is a list of what I think is needed:

Keeping full track of a stock model for every machining operation and the ability to roll back the stock model at anytime.

Making full use of the information a solid model contains so that tons of needless chaining doesn't have to occur.

Making full use of the information a solid model contains so that one toolpath can do what often times takes many toolpaths to do. The reason for this is that the information a solid model contains isn't fully utilized so you end up with toolpaths that aren't intelligent and don't adapt to the conditions that are presented in a solid model.

Not forcing a CAM user to have to extract wireframe from a solid.

Not forcing a CAM user to constantly create wireframe boundaries to control surfacing toolpath.

Being able to easily automate solid cut part simulation over multiple setups without having to resort to NC Simul or Vericut.

Full graphical toolpath editing control for every toolpath... I don't mean point based toolpath editing which I consider to be a half-assed solution to toolpath editing.

The ability for a CADCAM system to easily manage multiple different parts. That means being able to quickly and easily swap out parts and CAM programs for multiple different parts that are mounted on something like tombstones.

The ability to easily copy and paste toolpaths between different part programs.

The ability to use machine simulation while creating your toolpath not just after you're all done creating the toolpath.

The ability to drag and drop toolpath onto different parts of a solid model and have the machining operation adapt to the conditions of the solid model as well as change to an appropriate tool for the new machining operation.

The ability to simulate actual G code.

The ability for the CAM program to easily be able to create and simulate probing routines.

High speed toolpaths are important and very useful but they have been over emphasized and other aspects have been badly neglected by most CADCAM companies. This has severely impacted the ability of the CAM programmer to be efficient and produce better and faster CAM programs.

Jon Banquer

cutter

Message 21 of 30

04-04-2013 04:19 . am | View his/her posts only
OK Jon why don't you show us how you would prefer to work with a video link you have created to your current licensed seat of Mastercam, or NXCam or TopSolid or whatever it is you claim to be using on any given day. Jon, the only CADCAM guru who has never let anyone see his work. I find it rather amusing that a guy who can't use Mastercam after all these years to drill hole is here to save the ZW programmers and users.

Jon

Message 22 of 30

04-04-2013 08:05 . am | View his/her posts only
Please remove cutter/Dave Ault's lies and personal attacks that litter this forum. cutter/Dave Ault has done nothing but trash ZWSOFT and ZW3D all over the Internet for at least the last year. cutter/Dave Ault claims he's given up on ZW3D and is raffling off his ZW3D dongle for free. This can be confirmed by reading his worthless fog blog:

http://solidedging.wordpress.com ... -zw3d-buyer-beware/

It's time to remove a loser and a liar like cutter/Dave Ault from this forum as he has nothing positive to offer and has done everything possible to try and make ZW3D and ZWSOFT fail.

I still occasionally use my seat of VX 10 that I have owned for many years now. When I feel the CAM portion of ZW3D is ready for production machining, I will upgrade via Bob Fischer but not until them.

Both cutter/Dave Ault and Tim Markoski (posting in the link below as Keyser Söze)have done irreparable harm to ZWSOFT and ZW3D and should be banned from this forum for their actions and attempts to destroy ZWSOFT and ZW3D.

http://solidedging.wordpress.com ... ews-for-zw3d-users/

Anyone looking for an unbiased look at what I am all about can find it here:

http://cadinsider.typepad.com/my ... lid-edge-again.html

Jon Banquer

cutter

Message 23 of 30

06-04-2013 04:58 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by cutter at 2013-4-6 17:03

Post Last Edit by cutter at 2013-4-6 17:01

When you open a cad file from VX V10.50 in notepad the very first part will show version and owner information.

"VX*****************************************************************************************************************************
@,David,Sat Jun 04 20:19:25 2005,1117934365************************************************************************************
VX Corp,V1,WindowsNT,5.1,1586,2************************************************************************************************
1050,0*************************************************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Œ æp

On this part Jon how would you adjust the gap between the rods?

bag squeezer.rar (149.42 KB) Reply 22# JonBanquer

cutter

Message 24 of 30

06-04-2013 05:14 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 22# JonBanquer

OK folks if this turns out to be a double post sorry about that. The forum is a little squirrely on edits today.

If you open a VX V10.50 file in Notepad the first bits are related to owner information.

VX*****************************************************************************************************************************
@,David,Sat Jun 04 20:19:25 2005,1117934365************************************************************************************
VX Corp,V1,WindowsNT,5.1,1586,2************************************************************************************************
1050,0*************************************************************************************************************************
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Œ æp

On this file Jon how would you change the gap between the rods?

bag squeezer.rar (149.42 KB)

Jon

Message 25 of 30

07-04-2013 01:16 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by JonBanquer at 2013-4-7 01:23

I don't give help to those who are actively trying to destroy ZWSOFT and ZW3D all over the Internet. Neither I nor anyone I respect wants anything to do with Dave Ault or Tim Markoski.

Missler Software USA (TopSolid) recently told Dave Ault that they want nothing to do with him and don't want his business because of his behavior. The same is true for Tim Markoski.

http://solidedging.wordpress.com ... h-zw3d-buyer-beware

http://solidedging.wordpress.com ... news-for-zw3d-users

Any request from Dave Ault will be ignored. Dave Ault should not be allowed to post on this forum and all of his posts should be removed.

Jon Banquer

cutter

Message 26 of 30

07-04-2013 02:14 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Jon,

Actually I created that part so I don't need help here. I am just trying to help you gain credibility here by demonstrating that you actually have used VX/ZW at some point in time. You said you have a seat of VX V10 so here is a chance for you to participate in fact and not just rhetoric.

Regarding TopSolid. www.linkedin.com/groups/Flag-all ... ms_see_more-0-b-ttl

Jon

Message 27 of 30

07-04-2013 03:24 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by JonBanquer at 2013-4-7 03:36

Dave Ault's requests are worthless troll bait. I will continue to refuse any request he makes. I will have no part of Dave Ault's and Tim Markoski's continued attempts to do everything in their power to destroy ZWSOFT and ZW3D as can clearly be seen here on Dave Ault's worthless fog blog:

Jon Banquer

Jon

Message 28 of 30

07-04-2013 04:03 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by JonBanquer at 2013-4-7 04:30

Here is a part I modeled for long time Usenet poster, Bottlebob to show him what VX could do and why VX was so much better for CAD modeling than Gibbscam is. Gibbscam is what Bottlebob uses and knows. It was done in my seat of VX 10 many years ago from a picture that Bottlebob posted a link to. It's a cool little part he machined. I think I still have the picture of the part sitting next to a dime to show how small it is.

Bottlebob part.jpg
2013-4-7 04:23

Any CAD or CAM challenge that was ever held on Usenet in alt.machines.cnc Dave Ault refused to participated in. This should come as no surprise to anyone who knows what Dave Ault is all about and what a massive liar Dave Ault is.

Jon Banquer

cutter

Message 29 of 30

09-04-2013 03:09 . am | View his/her posts only
I see a picture Jon but how about a file. Would you like for me to accept the design challenge here? You know I have never posted on Usenet so you are safe making that comment. However I will post here and I will accept your design challenge. I have posted a number of things here in the past and you never have posted a single part file so I think it is only fair that you start it off. What will be your first challenge part that you think I can't do?

Usenet Jon? Really? Do you want the readers here to do Google searches of Jon Banquer and Usenet or Google Groups for the past 15 years and find all that lovely stuff you have trailing after you?

Jon

Message 30 of 30

09-04-2013 03:57 . am | View his/her posts only
It's long past time for Dave Ault to be removed from this forum. His requests are worthless troll bait. I will continue to refuse any request he makes. I will have no part of Dave Ault's and Tim Markoski's continued attempts to do everything in their power to destroy ZWSOFT and ZW3D as can clearly be seen here on Dave Ault's worthless fog blog:

Jon Banquer
See also