CAD software discussion forum > CAD > Zwcad+ 2012 sp2 remarks

Zwcad+ 2012 sp2 remarks

stefaa5779

Message 1 of 21

Zwcad+ 2012 sp2 remarks
11-04-2013 07:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
ZWCad+ professional limitations: SP2

Rectangle selection:
If a rectangle is selected, then only the corner points are selectable.
No mid point available. That means, stretch is always needed in case of changing the lenght or height
of a rectangle. But, if other entities are in the neighbourhood, not so flexible as selecting the rectangle
and grab the mid point.

Blocks:
The in place block editing works good. But when I open an autocad block that contains parametric dimensions,
then I may not overwrite this block or the parametric dimensions are lost.
Zwcad does not use parametric dimensioning.

Xref layer settings sometimes lost.
Not reproducable : it happens sometimes with dwg files from an architect that is using a dwg converter.
I clean up the architecture, change tha lines to color 8, some mayers to white, change block colors.
then this architecture is saved as Xref.
Now, when I add this X-ref to a new drawing, then layer information is complete lost.
The original architecture is again visible as no changes where done.
If I open the x-ref within the dwg, then it shows again correct, so color 8, some white and blocks edited.
I save the xref again, within the dwg, re-loaded the x-ref bou still with wrong colors.

Bug: Video problem.
Zwcad screen turns almost completely black. Regen terminated. So no auto regeneration performed and the screen freezes,
so zoom an pan not working. Regen fixes the problem.

Text editing: sometimes the font size gets bigger when editing a text.
Text should not resize when editing the contents.

Hatches : only one selection point.
So if the architecture changes then the hatch must be complete re-build.
if the hatch area would have selectable edge and mid points then it would be easy to adjust the hatch so no re-building needed.

Block editing:
The in-place editing works good. Bu in case of huge blocks that contain several separated items then the in-place method
is not so good anymore. A block editor that opens the entire block would be a huge improvement.

System:

HP XW4400 Workstation
2GB DDR ram
ATI FireGL V7200 video
Windows XP 32bit

Daniel

Message 2 of 21

12-04-2013 09:02 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks so much for you detailed informations.

Rectangle selection/Hatches/Block editing/Blocks: your requirement will be submitted, and we will try to improve them in the future.

Xref: are you sure you load the same xref file that you edited? We haven't seen such kind of problem after testing. Could you send us the related file for testing?

Text editing: for any text or for special font? a sample file for us will be better to see the problem.

Video problem: in what case ZWCAD+ will turn black and need regeneration?

Daniel

Message 3 of 21

12-04-2013 09:05 . am | View his/her posts only
BTW, my email is huangyiding@zwcad.com

stefaa5779

Message 4 of 21

12-04-2013 06:21 . pm | View his/her posts only
My mistake:
The problem with the Xref was indeed wrong location.

Video: not reproducable.

Text editing: I will send you the sample.

Filip

Message 5 of 21

14-04-2013 12:10 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello, i noticed something strange with the new SP2.

I produce drawings with a part of digital ortophoto image (jpg, 800x800px, ~100kB/image) with overlayed surveyed buildings. I'm sending the result (drawing) to others in PDF and i'm using PDFcreator since ever :).

With Zwcad+ 2012 and Zwcad+ 2012 SP1 such PDF files had the size of 150-200kB, and now with Zwcad+ 2012 SP2 PDF files have size of ~ 1.2 MB.

Is there any new option that I can disable so that my files get smaller?

Daniel

Message 6 of 21

15-04-2013 03:59 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 5# filipv8882

Hi, one improvement in SP2 is we changed the raster image processor, which has faster processing speed and higher displaying quality. This will cause file size of the printed drawing with image becomes bigger.

In our test, with the same file and same image, with the PDF creator, the file generated before is around 700 KB, and now is 1200 KB. If you want to make it smaller, you can change the plotter properties, by lowering down the Graphic resolution for rasters.

stefaa5779

Message 7 of 21

15-04-2013 05:50 . pm | View his/her posts only
I had to end task zwcad+ cause 50% CPU use and zwcad did not hang but it stays busy with... no idea.

Good luck, there is sv$
Opened the sv$, resaved and zwcad reports that the x-ref has been modified. So I re-load the Xref. Zwcad reports that the X-ref did not change.

But the x-ref icon bottom right on the screen stays yellow !
If I reload several times, always the same. X-ref did not change but the yellow icon stays on.

As soon when I open the x-ref, delete some stuff, then finaly, zwcad load's the x-ref and the yelow icon switches off.

Audit: Autocad's audit reports problems frequently, zwcad+ never reports problems. And that's strange cause we receive architectures that are saved with non autocad applications , even with dwg converter.

Daniel

Message 8 of 21

16-04-2013 04:10 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thanks for the feedback.

Audit: We already have this in plan for further improvement with reports.

Xref: how does it look like of the wrong location problem? A sample would be helpful.
use Save path to locate the xref again and reload may solve this problem, as well as the way you describe.

stefaa5779

Message 9 of 21

16-04-2013 10:35 . pm | View his/her posts only
Xref location is good since, opening the x-ref within the problem drawing opens the xref.
Is it possible that zwcad has problems when there is not enough memory available?

Cause, I have 2GB ram and sometimes several applications open.

I don't think that it's always zwcad's fault but also problematic dwg's from architects.
But audit should fix those problems.

I will send an example tomorrow.

Daniel

Message 10 of 21

18-04-2013 11:53 . am | View his/her posts only
Lack of memory might cause some crash problem, but I don't think it will affect the xref location.

I wait for your drawings

stefaa5779

Message 11 of 21

22-04-2013 05:33 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by stefaa5779 at 2013-4-22 18:11

The Xref problem was a matter of low memory.
I have 3GB now instead of 2 and no xref problems when I have opened several drawings. And far less Zwcad crashes.

Note : Layer manager
I have a layer filter created.
But after a while Zwcad looses the setting.
I mean : The layer properties on the main ribbon is back at all layers
instead of the filteredlayers. Zwcad seems to loose this setting.

Also, If I stretch the layer properties manager window, Zwcad does not store the changed window format of the layer properties manager. So I always have to stretch the windows each time I click on the Layer properties icon.

ps.
I worked 8 years with autocad, 7 with Mechanical desktop, 2 with Inventor.
Currently no 3D anymore so zwcad+ is a good choise.

Daniel

Message 12 of 21

23-04-2013 09:04 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi, I can't reproduce both of the problems. How long will it take to lose the filter settings on ribbon? Is there any operation you have done to cause the problem?

The second thing about stretch the window, actually we have solved this problem in SP2, so ZWCAD+ will remember the windows size and place of Layer property manager, before you termiante ZWCAD+ program

stefaa5779

Message 13 of 21

24-04-2013 06:11 . pm | View his/her posts only
I e-mailed a problematic drawing to you that autocad could not open.

The problem is known, related to nested blocks.
That brings me to:

I'm not able to delete unused blocks.
What I do usual to check that they are not in use is change all leyers from those blosck to red and width 2.11

But purge still does not delete the unused blocks. They stay there lurking in the block manager.
And I need to be able to delete those blocks cause they are the cullprit that leads to autocad not able to open the drawing.

Funny, autocad recover can not solve it either.

OlgaG3846

Message 14 of 21

25-04-2013 04:46 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hallo!

Underlined single text
When editing underlined single line text, it looks like this:

zwcad underline text

ZW_Underlined_text.png
2013-4-25 16:12

Cursor is not in the place it looks to be, but in fact is moved the left - I guess for combination "%%u" lenght, which formes underlining.
For example, if I write "X", placing a cursor after the last dot, it writes between "&" and "2"; if cursor placed 1 sign from the beginning, it writes between "%" and "%u", which should not be visible; if cursor placed before 1st sign of text, it writes normally - before the 1st sign.
Issue occures on several computers.

stefaa5779

Message 15 of 21

25-04-2013 05:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by stefaa5779 at 2013-4-25 17:50

As long as standard text is used ok, but as soon when %% is used, then there is a transformation of the text.
Known issue. Cursor stays at normal text positin but when editing, the space of the %% is not calculated within the text editing command. But I think that Zwsoft will solve this, at least, I hope so.
Underlined may have the same problem.

Daniel

Message 16 of 21

26-04-2013 08:55 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello, I've recieved all your email and I will look into them and reply you ASAP. But I didn't see any dwg files attached, where can I get them?
For the single line text problem, this is an known-problem we recently found in ZWCAD+, just as you said, when there is %% symbol used, it will cause such mistake. Our R&D is already fixing it.
Thanks for the feedback!

OlgaG3846

Message 17 of 21

26-04-2013 03:10 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hallo again!

Tables
When working with non-Standard table style tables (not checked with Standard style), following issue occures:
1) Insert table (in the layout tab in my case), adjust and fill it in, incl. text size for several cells and borders, different from default for this table style.
2) Continue working with the document in the model or other layout tabs.
3) Switch to the layout with the table after some time - OK (several times). Continue working elswhere and swith to the layout with the table again - table is corrupted: looks like the are 2 tables with some offset; text size and borders returns to default settings for this table style, except, in some cases - default for Standard table style; alignment for few cells (not all) changed to default; title row is unmurged and text alignment changed in most cases.

normal

ZW_Table_normal.png
2013-4-26 15:14

corrupted

ZW_Table_corrupted.png

after moving

ZW_Table_after_moving.png

Moving the table corrects "offset" (in most, but alll cases) and few of other bugs, but most of them remains.

And few more things:
- for non-Standard table style text margins are ignored, so I need to put spaces before the left-alligned text;
- when copy/pasting text within the table, text style, size, alignment sometimes changed to Standard table style defaults
- when copying adjusted tables between layouts, borders, text size and alignment of several cells changes to this table style defaults.

stefaa5779

Message 18 of 21

26-04-2013 03:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 16# huangy8949

Daniel,

You should have received a wetransfer e-mail.
That contains a zipped Xref and a very problematic DWG when opened with autocad.
Check also the spam section.

The e-mail about Purge level and the recover logs of autocad are related with the problematic DWG.
If you did not receive the wetransfer e-mail , then I'll resend it asap.

Daniel

Message 19 of 21

27-04-2013 10:15 . am | View his/her posts only
I see, finally find it in my junk mail box :)

Daniel

Message 20 of 21

27-04-2013 11:53 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello sir, I've checked the drawing about all the problems you mentioned in your email. And I'd like to reply you here instead of replying email.
1. DWG open in Autocad cause fatal error.
I've tested the same drawing saved in ZWCAD+ as DWG 2000, 2004, 2007, 2010. All of them cause fatal error, and need to recover for opening. We have submitted it for R&D urgent fixing.

2. Purge
There are some kind of entities that is not supported in ZWCAD+, such as Materials and dynamic blocks. So they can't be purged (even not showing in the purge list).
But even I audit and purge this drawing in AutoCAD, the file size stays the same.

3. Xref
ZWCAD+ won't list the nested image references in a dwg referencens. It is just not supported yet.

stefaa5779

Message 21 of 21

29-04-2013 03:33 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by stefaa5779 at 2013-4-29 15:38

The problem is:

We receive arhcitecure plans.
On these plans , we draw our drawing.
Then the drawings is placed on Chapoo so it's available to all companies witin the project.
so when trey open the dwg and sudden fatal error then this is a small disaster.

Small cause: I found out that autocad 2014 32bit can recover the dwg's.
Autocad 64 bit not always. If the 64 bit edition hangs, usual with not enough memory - shutting down.
A problem cause, I'm using windows XP Professional 32 bit.

Loading a dwg should not lead to fatal errors or automatic / manual recover when the drawing is opened by autocad 32/64bit.

The big difference within purge results might be linked with the fatal errors,
Example : blocks
I insert a part of a dwg that contains many blocks and load it as block.
then I explode the block and delete the entire inserted drawing, then purge.
*edit* purge: Materials etc ok

Zwcad's audit is good. it gives no info but the result is very good
See also