CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Dynapath 40M post processor help needed

Dynapath 40M post processor help needed

Gordon

Message 1 of 7

Dynapath 40M post processor help needed
17-04-2013 10:05 . am | View his/her posts only
I am having trouble trying to use the ZW3D post editor to configure a post for a Dynapath 40M

controller on a 3 axis milling machine. The Dynapath 40M does not use G98/G99 for the return

plane in the drill cycles. Instead, it uses an O parameter as part of the G81 and other

drill/tap/bore cycles. I don't see any obvious way to work around this in the ZWPost

editor.

I would like to get a post configured so that I can use the following cycles:
G81
G82
G83
G73
G84
G85
I am attaching the Gcode programming section of the Dynapath 40M manual.
If any one can help me out with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gord Slagerman
Slagerman Engineering Ltd.
Rosser, Manitoba
Canada

Dynapath 40 EIA Gcode programming1.pdf (985.41 KB)

Tony_ZWSOFT

Message 2 of 7

17-04-2013 02:17 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Gordon,

ok, we can customize the post proseesor for you.
could you please send me some NC examples for me.
I will be a good help for shortening the customization time.
please contact me via ZW3D@ZWSOFT.COM.

Thank you.

Tony Tan

chris

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 7

17-04-2013 09:47 . pm | View his/her posts only
Very good Tony, this kind of response will help this forum move forward.

Jon

Message 4 of 7

18-04-2013 04:40 . am | View his/her posts only
Agree with what Chris stated. The other thing that will really help move both ZW3D CAM and this forum forward is a more active presence from US ZW3D resellers. Specifically ZW3D US resellers who are familiar with the technology in leading CAM products like Esprit, TopSolid CADCAM 6 and 7, NX and CAMWorks among others.

Jon Banquer
CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn

Gordon

Message 5 of 7

18-04-2013 05:26 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Tony,
Thanks for your quick reply and for your offer to help with the post. I am attaching a sample file that shows the general program format and also illustrates the use of two of the drill cycles.
The Dynapth 40M was designed as a conversational control which will also accept programs in EIA/ISO Gcode format. You will notice in the nc file that each line has "(E)" after Nxxxx and that each line terminates with "$". This tells the control that the commands are in EIA/ISO format. The "(E)" and "$" are not strictly necessary on the Dynapath 40M, but are required on some other Dynapath controls. I find it is good practice to insert the "(E) and "$", but if it is not possible to do so the "(E)" and "$" may be left out.
The Dynapath does not use G98/G99 to define the return plane level. Instead, the drill/tap/bore cycles use an "O" parameter which defines the return plane level after the cycle is completed. This is explained fairly clearly in the pdf file "Dynapath 40 EIA Gcode programming". On a Fanuc control using G99 would be equivalent to setting the value of "O" equal to the value of "R" on the Dynapath. A Fanuc G98 would be equivalent to setting "O" equal to the initial clearance plane value for the Dynapath.
Best regards,
Gordon
test_nc.pdf (10.14 KB)

Tony_ZWSOFT

Message 6 of 7

18-04-2013 09:44 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for your materail, and according to it. I thought there is no problem for the post processor customization.
I will try to customize the post as soon as posssible and send you for the testing.
Thank you.

Best regards
Tony Tan

Gordon

Message 7 of 7

24-04-2013 10:48 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 6# tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the Dynapath post. I really appreciate all your help on this problem. I will test it out and let you know how it works.
Thanks,
Gord
See also